Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traxxas Spartan

Default Traxxas Spartan

Looks like December is it. Great for all of us up north.
    Parts listings just hit the catalog
    Were some things of interest:

TRA5757 Temperature Sensor: Spartan
    TRA5747 Flex Shaft Oil (20cc): Spartan
    TRA5733 Propeller, 42x59mm: Spartan
    TRA2218X 5-Channel 2.4GHz Micro Receiver: Spartan

The white hulls should be cheep, 91% of the cost seems to be the graphics.

Graphic Hull, speed control and motor are going to pricey
    Although if you look at the parts listing they are doing a *Lifetime Replacement Plan* on the hull like some of their other products http://traxxas.com/pdfs/5708_parts.pdf

One question I have is, can you oil a flex shaft

Sure looked like a spec class...

I think I'll end up getting one too!!
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

this is a vid of some NASCAR racers running them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBbkw2o-k4
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

they sure looked nice.
    notice they never mentioned a name
    it took them this long to release the video because someone had to go through and change all the titan logos to spartan, bet that was fun.

they pushed the date at the warehouse to 12/15
    lets hope they don't drop the ball again or that we end up with a melted hunk of plastic

Wonder why they're running counter-clockwise in the vid.............cuz thats what they know as Nascar guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Wonder why they're running counter-clockwise in the vid.............cuz thats what they know as Nascar guys?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

it would be cool if they will sell the graphics like in the picture

God do I hate NASCAR. Most boring *!***!***!***!** ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Try living 15 minutes away from a track . The traffic on raceday's drives me freaking nuts . NASCAR does blow I agree, never had to deal with it until I moved to the south. They did have Ken Block driving one though
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Pretty cool. Wonder if they were run with the stock nimh packs.
    Catching Air!

oh man, I dig NASCAR racing
    I lived about 2miles from a 3/8th mile track years ago and the sound on Saturday nights was sweet!

I love motor racing but the glory days were the 50's and 60's. I was a wee boy taken to an old airfield converted to a race track in Scotland...Charterhall....I saw Jim Clark race there...my hero, I was hooked. Today we get a bunch of guys on the telly who can not shut up and the racing is crap.

Douggie

When I lived in Metro detroit, I used to go to Belle Isle for the F1 races. Now that, is real car racing.

When I lived in Metro detroit, I used to go to Belle Isle for the F1 races. Now that, is real car racing.
    F1 is my favorite!
    I worked at the Inaugural Grand Pix of Denver years ago, and that was a flippin blast! (not F1)
    I had access to the whole event at anytime and worked one of the score boards along Denvers streets
    and I got to meet Danny Sullivan right before the race

Ill get a Traxxas what ever they re gonna call it the day I show any interest in NASCAR.I cant see either one happening.

F1 is still my favourite motor racing sport apart from rallying....Jimmy Clark was the best driver of his era and a true gent....Aryton Senna was probably the best of all time. They both died in racing crashes.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    F1 is my favorite!
    I worked at the Inaugural Grand Pix of Denver years ago, and that was a flippin blast! (not F1)
    I had access to the whole event at anytime and worked one of the score boards along Denvers streets
    and I got to meet Danny Sullivan right before the race
    my wife and her friend Deena worked at the Grand Prix to!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I love motor racing but the glory days were the 50's and 60's. I was a wee boy taken to an old airfield converted to a race track in Scotland...Charterhall....I saw Jim Clark race there...my hero, I was hooked. Today we get a bunch of guys on the telly who can not shut up and the racing is crap.

Douggie
    Technology has came so far since then... you cant even compare the two. Today's average daily driver handles better than those cars ever did. Sometimes it can be more entertaining to watch someone try to drive an ill handling car, but to me, the glory days are now. It is amazing how far we have came in auto racing. Still NASCAR seems to hang on to old technology longer than any of the other motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Pretty cool. Wonder if they were run with the stock nimh packs.
    They didnt look like anywhere near 50 mph boats in the vid...awfully rough water for anything that fast. They must have been on nimh or maybe 4s lipo?

I like the one bobbing nose up full of water. Body clips, and drip rails FTW! lol

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    They didnt look like anywhere near 50 mph boats in the vid...awfully rough water for anything that fast. They must have been on nimh or maybe 4s lipo?
    That's what it looks like to me. My guess is stock packs since they don't sell a lipo.
    Catching Air!

I like the one bobbing nose up full of water. Body clips, and drip rails FTW! lol
    That is what I was worried about!
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    my wife and her friend Deena worked at the Grand Prix to!
    Sweet!
    I got a spot on the MTV vid they did with the celebrity race

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Technology has came so far since then... you cant even compare the two. Today's average daily driver handles better than those cars ever did. Sometimes it can be more entertaining to watch someone try to drive an ill handling car, but to me, the glory days are now. It is amazing how far we have came in auto racing. Still NASCAR seems to hang on to old technology longer than any of the other motorsports.:confused2:
    Old technology?
    NOT
    just different rules

Anyone who bought one get a shipping notification? They are supposed to be shipping today.

not sure if they actually shipped today?
    maybe to vendors?

I saw them testing and filming 3 boats right out of the boxes yesterday. They said they would be at Tower Hobbies around Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    I saw them testing and filming 3 boats right out of the boxes yesterday. They said they would be at Tower Hobbies around Christmas.
    shipping was to be today the 16th not yesterday the 15th
    doubt any real customer got one

It looks like the boat will be shipped out after Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast