Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: proboat electronics worhtless??

642 works great for the mg....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

No not on that 1500Kv motor, no problem. As always you should monitor temps.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Nope your good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by dano1 View Post
    I just orderd a octura x642 balanced. I seen diesel's posts on this combo and am running all stock m/g hardware with 8000 lipos, havent had any problems, this prop won't harm me........will it?? You guys are scaring me!!!!!!!!

Dano
    PB electrics are Great and PROVEN! People are just pissed about their re-sale value, because the market is over-saturated. Ignore the non-sense. The x642 will not pose a issue on that stock power. We were suggesting lower pitch props to help eliminate the bounce the MG gets.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks boomer and diesel, no tears on da pillow tonite

I never have had broblems with my proboat 2 battery speed control, I did have my single battery brushless speedcontrol burn up and melt half my boat.

Yea, i hear when those things go up in smoke that the smell is pretty fowl and hard to get out of the boat, ive smoked batterys on the trucks and blown a few motors on the nitro's so im sure my ticket is gonna be soon on m/g. (hopefully not)

Hi folks ,, new guy here with a day1 problem.

Has anyone here had any issues with the Transmitter ? I just recieved my MG , charged the Lipos and put new batteries in the transmitter. Turn it on and I get the 1 green and the red on the front but no light on the back indicating the Bind cycle. I tried another set of batts and still nothing. My buddy drops by with his MG and binds with my boat in 2 secs with his TM. SO end of day1 ,,,, boat works but no transmitter to run it.

I called the place where I purchased it , they will send me a replacement transmitter. Actually ,, they will charge me for it and then credit me back when they recieve this one. Good service but it's not how I wanted to start my RC boating hobby .

Has anyone else had this issue ?

never had a prob with the 3 i have.....guess you have to figure one out of a 1000 will be bad somwhere ......

Default You may need to do a little reseach- check out the info below

I don't think your transmitter is defective. Did you read the instructions?? Did you buy a programing card? The ESC is factory-set for use with Ni-MH batteries. You need a programing card if your are running lipos. You can get the card at: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prb3311&cat=75

See Page 6 of the manual http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...ser_Manual.pdf

It is very simple to program your boat, and if you drift through some of the earlier posts on the Miss Geico section, you will see a number of tips to follow to get your radio in proper sync with the receiver.

Check out this thread, it should be helpful: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=17772

Check out the video on this link: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM3140

This info should get you on track.
    Boomer
    Attached Images Attached Images

boomer i dont think he is talking about anything except binding the tx and rx and from what i have heard the program card with lipo turned on turns on the bat cutoff but not really sure of that.....

have you trued to bind it at all? did anything blink at all?

Thanks guys ,, Yes I tried to bind it with the bind plug in place, the rec light was blinking as it should and I left it for 60secs to finish the bind cycle. We both tried it a binch of times and then I called the tech line ,, they wlaked me through the same process and again ,, nothing. The problem is in the transmitter. I am not seeing any light on the back of the controller that confirms binding with a series of blinks. The light does not light up at all ,, not even a blink when you turn on the TM . My friends TM had no problem binding with my boat . I just hope they get a new TM out to me before everything freezes here. Not a great start

I ordered the programming card so i'll take care of the Lipo setting when It shows up. It states in the manual that all it really does is set the cutoff for Lipos and makes tuning easier. I just wanted to set the boat up so I don't think that plays a part in my issues.

Update :

They are sending me another transmitter :) He said I could toss the defective one Soooo,,,me being me ,I had to take it apart LOL. The small board that had the light and the binding electronics was not plugged into the main board . Plugged it in, installed new batteries and PRESTO,, I got a flashing light lookin for a boat !!

It's a beautiful day for a maiden voyage

great frosty....u got me beat id have thrown it away......

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyNutz View Post
    Update :

They are sending me another transmitter :) He said I could toss the defective one Soooo,,,me being me ,I had to take it apart LOL. The small board that had the light and the binding electronics was not plugged into the main board . Plugged it in, installed new batteries and PRESTO,, I got a flashing light lookin for a boat !!

Good job buddy,
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Now you will have two good radios. Good job on the detective work!
    Boomer

Are you guys in Newfoundland actually running boats???

I guess it's not as cold as in Ontario? I hate you!

Update :

It was 9* cel and sunny here today :) Too windy to really enjoy the boat but I just had to take her out for a quick blast anyway. MissG got airborn several times fighting whitecaps LOL . Should have taken the camera

Do you guys charge your Lipo's when you get home and then top them off before the next outing or do you leave them low ?

I used to charge them fully after each run, but that means that you're storing them full charged all night and even more if for whatever reason you don't go out the next day, ideally you want to keep them at 3.8v (~40% charge) per cell during storage.

So now I charge them to storage voltage and top them out just before going out. Less convenient but hopefully better for the batteries. Which charger are you using? Most digital chargers have a storage charge option.

It's -8C here. I don't even try going out.

It was 9* cel and sunny here today :) Too windy to really enjoy the boat but I just had to take her out for a quick blast anyway. MissG got airborn several times fighting whitecaps LOL . Should have taken the camera

Do you guys charge your Lipo's when you get home and then top them off before the next outing or do you leave them low ?

I'm using a new Passport Ultra ,,, not sure if it has the storage charge option . I 'll take a look at the manual tonight .

Thanks for the info on the Lipos :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123