Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 54" Scarab Hull - Trip or Quad Outboards

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    When you get your interest back ask a couple of the more experienced builders here about running Brushless motors at half speed. You have done an outstanding job on this and I would hate to see your electrics go poof and burn this pretty baby down!

Seems to me that i remember reading that at half throttle there is a tremendous about heat build up but not sure!
    The piece of equipment that takes a beating at half throttle is the ESC. The ESC has to work MANY times harder to manage the voltage and it will cause ripple current effects............heat buildup.....................blown ESC's.

Did he mention running it at half throttle alot?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

If I remeber right he indicated not looking to run wide open all the time. Could be wrong you know drugs from the sixties and all!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    If I remeber right he indicated not looking to run wide open all the time. Could be wrong you know drugs from the sixties and all!
    Yep, there were drugs in the 80's too, i can assure you!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

now it's flux and speed grease! (ooh a pretty unicorn)

Not really sure what happened. I put it away to work on some planes and never got the motivation to get back on it.
    I need to clean up my work bench and try to get started on it again. Its a big project and im very detail oriented and i got a little overwelmed with all i have left.

I will Definatly need some help wiring this thing up. I have never run electrics, much less built my own custom setup.
    I do worry about spending all this time and money just to have it catch fire the first run. I want to make sure i do it right.
    I dont plan on running full throttle all the time but will probably open her up on the straight aways.
    I also plan on running 2 electric fuel/water pumps to constantly pump water, one for the esc's and one for the motors so i dont have to rely on speed for cooling.
    Itll cool itself down even sitting still.
    I dont have much freshwater around here and dont plan on running it the salt very much, so it wont get much run time.
    Once i get it finished and running, itll probably go up for sale for a high price, if it sales, great, if not, ill use it whenever i can.
    Ill get on it soon. You guys have given me some motivation to finish it now.
    Stay Tuned

Did you reverse one of the props? Or do all three spin same direction?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

^ remember to switch out one of the flexes if you do that.

Yes i have reversed one of them with a new reverse flex shaft. Do not have props yet. Gonna wait till im totally done so i know what my final weight is to try to select the props.

very cool build.
    seasoned newbie

Damn I have been gone for a while and look what I come back to. Someone trying to top my scale center console build, and doing an amazing job too. I was a little disappointed it ended here. I was so hoping to see a video of this thing running.

Come on finish it already!!!!!

I am just getting back into using my boats. I take the big Fountain out in the real boat and run it at the local sand bar.

Still waiting for this awesome project.. poke poke, get to it!

Question

He hasn't posted in over 11 months, although he did visit last November....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

This is one bad to the bone build.... I hope you regain intrest, would love to see it completed!! Amazing job by the way

Man, Has it really been 11 months. Im sorry guys, i plan on finishing it. Hopefully this year, keep on me. lol
    I stare at this boat EVERY day and dream of what it will be like when i finish it.
    Ive been working on several new planes and keep buying fullsize boats, fixing em up and reselling them. All that in between running fishing charters.
    I promise, im going to finish it. Actaully right now im going to clean up my work bench and get it down and start working on it.
    Updates to come.

YEAH !!!!!! There's the spirit !!!!!! Man the boat looks amazing, I'm glad we're gunna see it finished soon!!!

Got it back down and started working on it tonight. Not enough to update with pictures but will as soon as i get further along.

One word sums this build....Awesome !

re post#65. Closed loop cooling for use on saltwater is a well discussed thing, and ime works well.

definitely subscribed
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Id like to hear more about the closed loop cooling system. I know how they work on big boats. Not sure if i would have enough room for one. What do you use as a heat exchanger?
    Tired doing a search on here, didnt find anything.

Here is the original thread. last post there details the setup
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ing&highlight=

I ended with 1x900ml(1.5pint) of water(chilled, not iced ).
    2xheat exchanger as per pic at bottom this post.
    5+min runtimes no concern on 100f days

exchanger.JPG
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Anything new on this build? I'd love to see it finished.

Very nice work. Since becoming an AMPS outboard and boat collector, I have really started enjoying scale looking boat builds. Real nice, can't wait to see it finished! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Updates pleeeaaassseeee!!!!!!!!

Maybe this will get you back into it ! Check out Dumas center console to Cigarette conversion on OSE , your doing a great job , Make us all happy and finish , It will be great!!!

Man that thing is looking so good. I really wanted to see it finished.

Here it is almost finished different build, lolIM002869.jpgIM002867.jpgIM002868.jpgIM002866.jpgIM002863.jpg
    Chip

Oh dang that's awesome!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

+1 Like !

Dang that is nice Chip. Ive got a small flats center console in the works and then next up is my 1,2 meter Freeman boatworks center console cat. How long is that Dumas hull?
    I WENT SWIMMING ONCE.....Then i bought a canoe!

55 inches and add 5 inches for the outboards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast