Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011 Az Winter Warmups VII Feb 25th-27th

Yes-we all have pit guys, and that's why when Pete pulled into the infield, I kept going.

As far as the collision, the dead boat was right in front of the drivers stand and that is probably the toughest spot on the course for a dead boat, IMO. Pete still feels sick about it.

He had servo issues all day Sunday. 1 DNF and 2 DNS's.

I figured you did, I just have never had the chance to race at full blown FE events. We mix all of our races with FE and nitro, so I wasn't sure. Yeah, Pete PM'ed me just a few minutes ago. Anytime there is damage, it gives you a sick in the stomach feeling, thats for sure!!!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

So what the hell was Lenny doing? Too busy gabbin' it up!

He was in a trance looking at my Purple Passion Cobra. Happens every time it hits the water. He just makes comments and giggles...and obviously forgets to count laps! But, he did time it!

Thanks again to Dave Newland and the Arizona guy's for a job well done. This is one of those races you wish could go on for 4-5 days.

I think I will retire in the Phoenix area.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Do you guys have Pit guys that help the driver count laps and tell the driver which lane to be in to avoid dead boats?
    I know who the pit man was.......

Dave,

The thing is after I pulled you so bad, I then backed off to about 1/2 throttle for the whole rest of the race, I figured, why keep beating you up so bad and I just figured I better stop. LOL!!!

What can I say, I had my 1 lap of glory at the event!

Wow, in all seriousness, what the heck happenend? I looked at the vid again and sure enough, you are right. I think I should blame this one on the pit man, the CD or the crowd for making such a ruckas, since I blamed myself for slicing Dougs boat and had so much mechanical trouble with my new boat (which lies completely on my shoulders). You guys know I'm only kidding.

OK Dave, go ahead and take the points away and kick a man when he's down, how much worse can it be than 5 DNF's out of 6 heats! LOL! Good stuff guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    how much worse can it be than 5 DNF's out of 6 heats!
    Doug Peterson's 3 out of 3 DNFs in P mono. He would beat the crap out of people to turn one. Couldn't tell you about turn two....he never made it that far

I would know, I was his pit man for every one of them

Thanks to Dave Newland and all the Arizona guys for putting on such great event it was a ton of fun, I am already planning for next year!

I had a good time meeting new faces and seeing old friends, truly a great event!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Thanks to Dave Newland and all the Arizona guys for putting on such great event it was a ton of fun, I am already planning for next year!

I had a good time meeting new faces and seeing old friends, truly a great event!
    Hey Sean & Crew,

What a treat to meet you all ! Your "togetherness" as a group was really great to see - and an asset to FE at large. Thanks for being such good pit men ! And Rod, you know how to keep me calm while running; thanks Buddy
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks man, I know we as a group had an excellent time!

teach
    I would know, I was his pit man for every one of them
    Hmm - never happened to me before.

But you are still my favorite pit man.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Dave,

The thing is after I pulled you so bad, I then backed off to about 1/2 throttle for the whole rest of the race, I figured, why keep beating you up so bad and I just figured I better stop. LOL!!!
    Even funnier, I was laying up, too. I wanted you to get a good first heat in to set the tone for the rest of your OPC racing. I'm such a good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Even funnier, I was laying up, too. I wanted you to get a good first heat in to set the tone for the rest of your OPC racing. I'm such a good friend.
    LOL! I sprayed soda on my computer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234