Thread: A Koala strolls into a bar ....

Default A Koala strolls into a bar ....

Actual story ==> A koala walks into a bar... and nods off

These are the Koala's comments ...

A KOALA has caused a stir at a Queensland pub, wandering inside during a stormy evening and taking up a position above the bar before promptly falling asleep.
    I was wet, tired and thirsty

The furry male marsupial stunned drinkers on Saturday night when he entered the Marlin Bar on Queensland's Magnetic Island, approached barman Kevin Martin and ended up climbing up a supporting wooden pole and settling on a beam.

"I asked him for ID and he didn't have any so that's when he got a bit disgruntled and climbed up a pole," Mr Martin joked.
    Youd clamber off too if the pub wouldnt serve your furry arse some decent beer.

"And he just sort of lay over the piece of wood, one of the little rafters, and flopped his arms down and just fell asleep, enjoying the atmosphere."
    I was real tuckered out, been eatn nuthn but leaves since like, whenever .. ..a mess, let me tell ya....

Although the koala's visit was welcome, Mr Martin said he called wildlife workers to remove the animal out of concern for its own welfare.
    Bastard called the cops. There I was, minding my own business taking a nap.

The koala was later set free elsewhere on the island, which has a healthy population of the animals - unlike elsewhere in Queensland where they are threatened by youth with developmental issues and big sticks.

Mr Martin said he does not know what prompted the koala to enter the bar, but speculated it could have been attempting to escape the rain.
    Heard about all the good looking sheilas, and us marsupials gettin free beer ... that'd be 2 counts of false advertisn ..

"He was sort of hanging outside the pub beforehand," he said.
    "He looked a little bit out of his element, I think he wasn't expecting to find himself in the pub. But he seemed pretty happy nonetheless."
    just happy I was outa that sh ite from the sky, I surely wasnt expecting the gay bar theme tho' ... them sheilas ad nackas not nockas ! !! .

Daft coppa took me down from me nice warm spot.. and stuck me up a bloody tree a hundred days walk from home.. bastard...
    Last edited by drwayne; 11-17-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: [red]more color [/red]
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

MMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,, You just wait there. The Mental Health Emergency Team are on their way Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    MMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,, You just wait there. The Mental Health Emergency Team are on their way Wayne.
    Yup met them .. lobbed my door last night .. dressed in flowing white robes, all jingling and jangling little cymbals and stuff.. ..wishing peace and harmony to all .

Told 'em to bugger off.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Mate they are friends of mine !! I told them to bring the happy drugs, you should of let them in.