Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spec Miss Vegas build

Quote Originally Posted by Brushlessracev View Post
    I Decided on a leopard 3660 2050 KV with a 40x57-3 blade this should work real good. i was wrong in the earlier post cats and hydros run a different class. according to the rules the leopard motor is legal for the cats but not for the spec class. your allowed a motor up to 40mm dia and 60mm long if i am reading the NAMBA rules right.
    If you actually plan to race it, check what people at local clubs have for classes. Just because it's in the NAMBA rules doesn't mean local clubs follow it exactly.

The last thing you want to do is build it one way only to show up at a race and find out you can't race because it doesn't match their "spec" requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    I personally would ditch the inline rudder idea... I would go with what works.... I am sure folks have tried it, I know we don't see any and that probably for a reason... hydros work well with offset rudders... they handle like no other when set up properly with a offset rudder I don't see how they could be any better then they already are.... the only boats that i have had luck with inline rudders is a twin cat... and thats for obviouls reasons.. my inline rudder triton was twitchy... fast going strait but really unpredictable in the turns.... do yourself a favor and go offset.... don't make marks in the nicely painted hull just to go back to an offset rudder later... lol..... thats a nice looking boat all the while!! good luck....
    Cool thanks for the advice, i am going to try one way and if it does not work i can always switch it. Not like its perm. I like trying things that others have not. Strut and ruder does not cost much anyway.

^^ Keep in mind that the rudder is less effective and disrupts the flow of water off the prop when it's inline. It's one thing to try idea's that haven't been tried, but an inline rudder on a hydro has definitely been tried many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    ^^ Keep in mind that the rudder is less effective and disrupts the flow of water off the prop when it's inline. It's one thing to try idea's that haven't been tried, but an inline rudder on a hydro has definitely been tried many times before.
    cool thanks off set it is, i figured out why they mount the rudder on the left of the prop on a hydro anyways makes sense why a inline rudder does not work.

Sorry brushless55 but i am repainting the boat. i cut the nose off and attached it to the hull. I am in the process of making it water proof. i sealed all the holes in the hatch antenna hole and exhaust and so on. Removed the nitro motor mounts and gas tank mounts. its going to be three different coolers of green and silver and white. MTN DEW "DO THE DEW" will be the theme. I am having someone at a local sign shop do the graphics in vinyl. I think its going to look cool. I will Get some pics as soon as i get it done. have every thing on order motor speed control and some odds and ends. I already have rudder and strut and cable.

Hull is in primer had a local shop gel coat it after stripping, BY THE WAY DO NOT STRIP UNLESS YOU USE STRIPPER FOR FIBERGLASS. Found out the hard way. Sealed the hatch openings with carbon fiber. latches on rear of hatch where filled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry brushless55 but i am repainting the boat. i cut the nose off and attached it to the hull. I am in the process of making it water proof. i sealed all the holes in the hatch antenna hole and exhaust and so on. Removed the nitro motor mounts and gas tank mounts. its going to be three different coolers of green and silver and white. MTN DEW "DO THE DEW" will be the theme. I am having someone at a local sign shop do the graphics in vinyl. I think its going to look cool. I will Get some pics as soon as i get it done. have every thing on order motor speed control and some odds and ends. I already have rudder and strut and cable.
    Get after it bro!
    looking forward to the new DEW!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Get after it bro!
    looking forward to the new DEW!
    LOL

Got all my hardware in, strut, rudder, cable, motor mount. Waiting for servo motor and speed control. and few odds and ends.
    Added some pics of rudder and strut, motor mount.
    Last edited by Brushlessracev; 11-21-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Default New dew

Got some of the painting done, still have some too do be for clear coat goes on.

Lookin' good!

Looks great!

Have you given up on the idea of a spec system? Would be great to have another show up for a little racing.

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    Looks great!

Have you given up on the idea of a spec system? Would be great to have another show up for a little racing.
    Yep went with a leopard motor and 180amp sea king.

Yep went with a leopard motor and 180amp sea king.
    Oh well, maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    Oh well, maybe next time.
    Still run it with the specs not going to be any faster then a stock UL-1

If you actually plan to race it, check what people at local clubs have for classes. Just because it's in the NAMBA rules doesn't mean local clubs follow it exactly.

The last thing you want to do is build it one way only to show up at a race and find out you can't race because it doesn't match their "spec" requirements.
    Thats how we run our "Spec" classes, Only certain motors are allowed. They are the same motors that are recognized by most clubs around the country and pretty much the same that were ran at the FE nats. We have built a very strong "spec" program that works well.

Still run it with the specs not going to be any faster then a stock UL-1
    Faster or not, if the motor isn't on the allowed list, you can't race.

BINGO!!

whats on the allowed list. I can always swap motors its not like its set in stone anyway. what speed controllers are you allowing.

whats on the allowed list. I can always swap motors its not like its set in stone anyway. what speed controllers are you allowing.
    The same ones I e-mailed you in the past.
    NO LIMIT ON ESC
    Allowed motors are:
    AQUACRAFT SV-27 BOTH VERSIONS
    AQUACRAFT UL-1 2030 KV
    PRO BOAT BLACK JACK-26 1500 KV

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    The same ones I e-mailed you in the past.
    NO LIMIT ON ESC
    Allowed motors are:
    AQUACRAFT SV-27 BOTH VERSIONS
    AQUACRAFT UL-1 2030 KV
    PRO BOAT BLACK JACK-26 1500 KV
    I did not know that was you, thanks, you are RMTB in Pueblo. Thats cool. I have a aquacraft 2030.

I did not know that was you, thanks, you are RMTB in Pueblo. Thats cool. I have a aquacraft 2030.
    Yep the same club that you have been asking about racing with. Good luck with your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    Yep the same club that you have been asking about racing with. Good luck with your build.
    Its almost Done waiting for motor, water jacket and turn fin from Australia. and servo from Tower.

Nice build!! I accuired one of these boats from a member on here.
    Looking at motor options for a little more speed. But on its first run it was a great running/ handling boat.
    Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.
    My work boat has 12,000 HP!!!

looks great man,, what no clear plexiglass???? just playin!!

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    looks great man,, what no clear plexiglass???? just playin!!
    LOL, na i decided to seal the hatch then tap it. the plexiglass thing works too.

I no when i tape my Miss Elam the curves suck !!!!

How does yall's do with taking on water??

I have the plexiglass cover siliconed partways, Then i tape the front AND tape the hatch cover and it still takes on alot of water.
    Its good to know that my Castle 120 will run underwater!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
    How does yall's do with taking on water??

I have the plexiglass cover siliconed partways, Then i tape the front AND tape the hatch cover and it still takes on alot of water.
    Its good to know that my Castle 120 will run underwater!!
    Did you cut the nose off yours too and attach it to the hull. thats is what i did you might be getting water from else where check your turn fin mounting i epoxied mine to the hull with the screws to seal it. same with the rudder and strut.

Did you cut the nose off yours too and attach it to the hull. thats is what i did you might be getting water from else where check your turn fin mounting i epoxied mine to the hull with the screws to seal it. same with the rudder and strut.
    Thanks for the info. I put it in the tub again to see.
    I do see a small spot starting back by the rudder.

My nose is cut off and epoxied. Mine just submarines so bad when i take off....
    got a new motor on the way to see if that will help get it moving a little better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast