Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spec Miss Vegas build

Default Spec Miss Vegas build

Thanks to brushless55 i have a new project. Going to do a spec class with this miss vegas. goal is around 38mph. thinking about going with inline rudder and strut from the store here on Offshore. Motor will be the AquaCraft 36-56 2030 with the seaking 120 esc on 4s 5000 40c. Not too sure about turn fins. boat needs to turn good left and right, duel turn fins?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 turn fins would defeat the purpose of turning.I think one would fight the other.When running a hydro with one turn fin,you turn right.If you were to turn left,it wouldnt turn well and more than likely turn over.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    2 turn fins would defeat the purpose of turning.I think one would fight the other.When running a hydro with one turn fin,you turn right.If you were to turn left,it wouldnt turn well and more than likely turn over.
    Better off running no turn fins then?

need to check that motor size i think you will probly need more like a 2700kv motor!!!! not sure thow so better check it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    need to check that motor size i think you will probly need more like a 2700kv motor!!!! not sure thow so better check it!!!
    Stock AQ is a 2030 i think.

No turn fin and she won't turn good at all. Just slide around, wide!
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

yes the 2030 is a AQ motor but that boat only comes in a nitro version i beleive and cuz the weight of the hull you will probly need like a 540 2700 motor but dont quote me on this im still learning how to figure the power stuff...i was going to use the same motor in mine but was told not to and when i tryed it anyway she was kinda slow like 28mph....

yes the 2030 is a AQ motor but that boat only comes in a nitro version i beleive and cuz the weight of the hull you will probly need like a 540 2700 motor but dont quote me on this im still learning how to figure the power stuff...i was going to use the same motor in mine but was told not to and when i tryed it anyway she was kinda slow like 28mph....
    In a spec class i can only use what was sold in the AQ boats or the pro boats so i am kinda stuck what i can choose for a motor, if not i would use the 1515 1y would be my first choose for this hull. As the turn fin goes I will end up with one i hope it turns ok left.

I bet the AQ motor should do very well in this hull!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I bet the AQ motor should do very well in this hull!
    The AQ 2030kv with 4s seaking 180 esc should be plenty i think, what do you think about that strut and rudder setup.

Dont think i have ever seen anyone use a inline rudder/strut on a hydro so huummm dont no how it will work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushlessracev View Post
    The AQ 2030kv with 4s seaking 180 esc should be plenty i think, what do you think about that strut and rudder setup.
    boy, I'm kinda lost on this one?
    I say one turn fin and try the inline rudder, but take left turns slower and it could work just fine
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

most hydros only have one turn fin and they realy need it but two huumm i think one would cansill out the other,,on my miss elam with one turn fin on the right sponson i can turn right almost wide open throttle!!!

most hydros only have one turn fin and they realy need it but two huumm i think one would cansill out the other,,on my miss elam with one turn fin on the right sponson i can turn right almost wide open throttle!!!
    what happens when you turn left.

Most people dont need to turn left if your racing a boat i think most of the time they run in a big circle of some sort witch means turning in one direction so only one turn fin!!!!!you can still turn left just not very good...

Most people dont need to turn left if your racing a boat i think most of the time they run in a big circle of some sort witch means turning in one direction so only one turn fin!!!!!you can still turn left just not very good...
    off shore spec class they do. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/inf...ited-rules.php

I think I remember seeing that someone threw a UL-1 motor in the vegas and it went pretty good. Don't know how long that motor will last though...the vegas is not a small hull
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

I'm pretty sure that the spec hydro classes don't run the same course as the spec offshore classes, but just run a traditional oval instead??

2) Hull Specifications

a) LSO hulls must be a Deep-Vee or catamaran type hull.
    For the motor, you definitely don't want a higher kv (lower torque) motor with a heavier hull. If anything you a lower kv torquey motor to push the weight around.

sorry but you cant use a hydro in a spec offshore class! hydros only turn one direction.. mono or catamaran with online rudder. no matter what you cant use a hydroplane especially with no fins or 2 fins

sorry didnt see last post

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post

For the motor, you definitely don't want a higher kv (lower torque) motor with a heavier hull. If anything you a lower kv torquey motor to push the weight around.
    I don't have the specs but in my opinion, the MV hull is not much heavier (if any) than the UL-1..

I tried the ul1 combo in my vegas, and it was slowww.
    The 1515 1y would be a much better choice.
    I did use a 3060 kv motor on 4s, and it flew, but im sure i dont have to tell you how long that lasted. But you could try it on 3s... aprox 33000rpm.
    Leave the turn fin alone.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-b View Post
    I tried the ul1 combo in my vegas, and it was slowww.
    The 1515 1y would be a much better choice.
    I did use a 3060 kv motor on 4s, and it flew, but im sure i dont have to tell you how long that lasted. But you could try it on 3s... aprox 33000rpm.
    Leave the turn fin alone.
    3060kv on 4s in this hull?
    tha's over 45,000 rpm
    the UL-1 motor with the right prop, possibly a 38x55 could work just fine
    I don't see why this hull with that motor could not see consistant low to mid 40's

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I don't have the specs but in my opinion, the MV hull is not much heavier (if any) than the UL-1..
    I was basing that purely on an earlier comment about the weight of the hull. I really have no idea how much it weighs at all compared to similar sized hulls.

I run a Neu 1515 in my miss Elam...............clocked it at 48mph Sunday.

I Decided on a leopard 3660 2050 KV with a 40x57-3 blade this should work real good. i was wrong in the earlier post cats and hydros run a different class. according to the rules the leopard motor is legal for the cats but not for the spec class. your allowed a motor up to 40mm dia and 60mm long if i am reading the NAMBA rules right.

Cant wait to see if inline rudder works on a Hydro.

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    I was basing that purely on an earlier comment about the weight of the hull. I really have no idea how much it weighs at all compared to similar sized hulls.
    Take all the nitro stuff out and it weights the same as the UL1. its only a 2" longer and .12 lbs heavier ready to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushlessracev View Post
    I Decided on a leopard 3660 2050 KV with a 40x57-3 blade this should work real good. i was wrong in the earlier post cats and hydros run a different class. according to the rules the leopard motor is legal for the cats but not for the spec class. your allowed a motor up to 40mm dia and 60mm long if i am reading the NAMBA rules right.
    That motor sounds good

I personally would ditch the inline rudder idea... I would go with what works.... I am sure folks have tried it, I know we don't see any and that probably for a reason... hydros work well with offset rudders... they handle like no other when set up properly with a offset rudder I don't see how they could be any better then they already are.... the only boats that i have had luck with inline rudders is a twin cat... and thats for obviouls reasons.. my inline rudder triton was twitchy... fast going strait but really unpredictable in the turns.... do yourself a favor and go offset.... don't make marks in the nicely painted hull just to go back to an offset rudder later... lol..... thats a nice looking boat all the while!! good luck....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast