Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SV27 setup and speed

Avanti my cousin is one of the masters of rc..he got us into it back in the early 90's....he took his brother's SV...trimmed it sweet and had it running 47mph plus with a $34.00 ammo 2600 and 2 3300 2s thunder power with a grimreacer 45x68; although I thought that prop was a lil to much, He made it reliable...it ran beautiful..he gave it to my other cousin for thanksgiving to get into Rc....
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Its just a matter of getting the hull right and the setup better, and the boat will lay down and run.

I have to keep working though. I can't make it easy for him.

Of course not Obrien...all though that SV ran great he was still 5 miles behind my BJ
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

didn't you put that 2600 ammo in your boat with the lipos?

yep we both ran the ammo 2600

I spent some time on my prop today also put the tabs down a bit
    the tabs settled the boat but scrubbed speed and melted one of my trinities
    I just need to find the sweet spot
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

obriens new top speed has me thinking I will not be catching him with this combo.

so I will likely start consentrating on other projects.

I hate second place :P
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Avanti don't give up...persistence over comes resistance.

I do not believe the sv hull is capable of reaching 48.7 on nimhs

It will with one of these in it:

That is a Lehner 3060/10 on top and a Neu 1527/1.5Y on the bottom. I am going to try the 3060 here:

It will replace the Lehner 1940/8 that is in there now. I still have a few bugs to work out, but I want this boat to be FAST! Besides, it needs the weight.
    Don't get me started

hum now you have me thinking
    what are the specs on that motor and what kind of esc requirements

With that motor, what kind of power? Your just kidding, right?

Talking

Bill so your the one who invented the anti gravity buoyancy device...:D

The 3060/10 is going into a 44-inch Delta Force mono hull called a "Sniper". It is an open class mono. It will run on 10S2P.

These are some photos of Paul Pachmayer's Sniper. Mine will be orange.

The yellow boat with "CyberStorm' on it is my boat (I got it from Paul). It is an 32-inch mono with a Nemesis 10XL and runs on 4S2P 5000.
    Don't get me started

Bill, You're scaring me....

Are you really from So. Cal?

Why would it scare if I was from SOCAL??

Which indeed I am!! South Orange County. Ladera Ranch to be exact just next to Mission Viejo.
    Don't get me started

The scaring me part...That's just one of those sayings when people are seriously into something. Something you would say to a mad scientist...A figure of speech. A joke. A story with a humorous climax.

Oh, I was asking about the So. Cal. because I'm here in San Diego.

I too was attempting (and obviously failing) humor. You are not that far away. Where are you running your boats??

Also, feel free to email me:

wemodels@cox.net
    Don't get me started

I run at the Model Boat Pond at Vacation Village. Down by the Marina.
    It's a nice quiet place.

It's good to hear from a fellow RC boater here in So Cal.
    I'm still new to this and was starting to feel like I was the only one.
    Pleased to make your acquaintance...

That's the pond in Mission Bay, right?? Never been there. Maybe I need to come on down sometime. Do they have particular days, etc.? I know the sailboat guys uses it too.

We're getting a regular group up at Legg Lake in Whittier. A bit far for you to come on a regular basis.

But rest assured, there are a fair number of boat guys around. So I take it that there are not many boats at your place on a regular basis??
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 12-14-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Tie-poe-graf-a-kul errors
    Don't get me started

Yep, it's by Mission Bay. Since I got a BJBL26, I'm not there very much myself. I sometimes go on the weekend. I don't see many people down there. It's been kind of cold lately. When It warms up or when ever I finish modding these boats, I'm going to start going again more frequently. Just trying to get more people interested. It's been a lonely hobby. I've haven't heard if there is a club. Not many LHS carry boat parts here. The guys at several LHS say that there isn't much interest for boats here, which they find kind of strange being that this is a coastal city. Maybe if someone offered free beer, that might generate some interest.
    Last edited by domwilson; 12-14-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12