Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video/s of the P1 in action, and my first thread here.

I have not seen venom say anywhere that the p1 can be used on 6s. I have seen them advertise that the esc can handle upto 6s but not the motor. When I emailed them about using 5s on the stock setup they said if I used 5s it would invalidate my warranty!

Well over on RCgroups, I have an interesting thread about this boat. In this post:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=10
    Chris from Venom states that the motor and ESC are rated at 6S. The instructions from Venom tell you how to program for 6S. Plus I have already run the boat on 3,4,5and 6S. And twice I have had problems with a Venom product, and both times they responded well and replaced my defective equipment extremely fast. I am very happy with them, and the product.

They would be as a company wary towards people who run the boat on 6S, because you really need to know what you are doing to stay within the limits. First off the plastic prop has to go, secondly you need a data logger to record amps, and keep them within spec. Can't say that I blame them.

I've pushed my boat very hard, and it has held up. It if blew up tomorrow, I would not be disappointed.

Oh, and I am not trying to discredit you saying they wouldn't warranty their product. But, I think if you had a real problem, and talked to them, they might help you out. They did for me anyway.

Isn't there a 2200kv version of that same motor?

The turnigy? Yes, he said that a few posts back. I wonder which one would ultimately be faster, depending on cell count and prop. It's my understanding that lower kv and higher voltage will make a more efficient setup. Doesn't 6s and 2200kv give you like 48840rpms? that's a bit high no?

Quote Originally Posted by antslake View Post
    The turnigy? Yes, he said that a few posts back. I wonder which one would ultimately be faster, depending on cell count and prop. It's my understanding that lower kv and higher voltage will make a more efficient setup. Doesn't 6s and 2200kv give you like 48840rpms? that's a bit high no?
    No, I wasn't thinking 6s. Just an upgraded 4s motor.

I think the 2200kv would deliver about the same performance as the stock motor on 4s but it's a lot cheaper than from venom. Plus you could always use upto 6s without smoking the motor.

Oh here is a video of the P1 on 6S with the wrong prop, and not setup correctly, but you get an idea of the speed.

I had same issue with the wobblies. I am thinking it might be time to try offset rudder on mine - alas, my ponds do not condone boating at any speed..... socked in for the winter, so I must content myself with your videos! nice work as always.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I don't think it was the rudder that was the problem, it was more like prop selection, and tab settings, and prop angle.
    Thanks for the compliment on the videos. Someone asked me why I do so much filming. It's for a few reasons, 1. it's another hobby of mine, 2. I can watch and learn from them, and it gives me a record of what I am doing, 3. I can get triple the enjoyment from a single run :)

BTW, I love your videos too :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12