Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: Hpr 115 / 135

Default Wtb: Hpr 115 / 135

I love the HPR boats, but I don't believe I am capable of building one myself. Therefore, I am looking for either of those hulls with all of the hardware installed including the stuffing tube. I would like it to be RTR, but will put in my own motors and ESCs and servo. I would just like everything to already be in place (motor mounts, servo mount, etc).

hi domp444

I found this at ebay, but its not hpr http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Thanks for that, looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    Thanks for that, looks interesting!
    Your welcome, he accept paypal FYI
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Yup, it is a Hydro and Marine Freya. Very nice looking boat indeed.
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

It looks like a nice boat, and I watched the video.

Hey westbeach, since you have 2 of the HPR115's... Ahaha

I love these hulls also, if anyone knows where to find a copy please let me know.
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    I love these hulls also, if anyone knows where to find a copy please let me know.
    You wont find a copy.. well.. you may, but if its found out that it was pulled w/ out HPRs blessing, there will be a throw down. last one that got copied HPR Hanspeter Rotschi (sp) pulled it from the US market. You want one, you pay for the real deal, its how it works. Ive taken the plunge on 2.. best 2 boats I ever bought. Craftsmanship is so far above and beyond anything I have its incredible.

Dom, several reputable builders on here... I consider myself one by the multiple PMs I get daily on set up and "how to" questions. You may be better off buying everything you want and letting someone build it for you. These boats are NOT for the shallow pocketed builders. You will have some coin wrapped up into it when complete.. whether you find one rtr or artr, or build it yourself.

My advice to you is, start smaller. Dont go for the cats meow straight off the bat. Build something smaller. Learn how to custom build parts etc. You will find its not as hard as you think.. just time consuming. Build youself something and make it work.. learn how to tweak etc. Then go for the top shelf, get your hpr and go at it. There are plenty of folks on here that will help you and guide you. Plenty of folks and websites for you to get or have any part made you may want or need. And you will save a load of money

Im building my HPR115 now. Id be more than willing to answer anything you have.

Of course, just my $,02

-Scott

Scott, I've got an hpr 115 on the way. Shipped yesterday :)

I'll probably be pm'ing you in the future.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    You wont find a copy.. well.. you may, but if its found out that it was pulled w/ out HPRs blessing, there will be a throw down. last one that got copied HPR Hanspeter Rotschi (sp) pulled it from the US market. You want one, you pay for the real deal, its how it works. Ive taken the plunge on 2.. best 2 boats I ever bought. Craftsmanship is so far above and beyond anything I have its incredible.-Scott
    Thanks for the info. You get what you pay. I've heard nothing but great things about these hulls....Maybe one day....
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    Thanks for the info. You get what you pay. I've heard nothing but great things about these hulls....Maybe one day....
    Ha.. thats what I kept saying beginning in about 2003... Maybe one day... Now I have 2. Save up and make it happen.. You will NOT be dissapointed or think.. wow I cant believe I payed this much for this.. Worth every dime.

PS, Im in no way affiliated w/ HPR or his production of kick a$$ boats... but man I wish I was. No I dont.. my paychecks would keep turning into hulls and hardware

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Scott, I've got an hpr 115 on the way. Shipped yesterday :)

I'll probably be pm'ing you in the future.
    Ahh thats AWESOME!!!! Congrats man. When it arrives its like having a new born come home for the first time.. well.. Im not a Dad.. yet, but it cant be much better...

Well its either the hpr135 or an expresscraft thunderbolt cat. 50" for either a neu2230 or twin 1717's setup.
    Sorry for jacking your thread domp444.....

Ahh thats AWESOME!!!! Congrats man. When it arrives its like having a new born come home for the first time.. well.. Im not a Dad.. yet, but it cant be much better...
    Hah, thanks. Now I get to spend forever trying to decide how I wanna power this baby.
    Catching Air!

Do you want to go single or twin?

I'm going twin. Got all the scale hardware.
    Catching Air!

Buget????

Budget and hpr build don't really go hand in hand. Lol
    Catching Air!

HAHA So ive heard. I like the hpr hull much better than the expresscraft thunderbolt cat, but my wallet doesnt. Hate to ask but what do you have in hull and hardware shipped?

The rates can vary daily, but the prices are posted on his website. Just convert chf for current cost. Shipping to the US was surprisingly reasonable. Around 70 bucks.
    Catching Air!

Woah, where'd all these replies come from! Haha.

Thanks for the info, tiqueman. I'd love to get that HPR115 and build it myself, I'm just scared I'm gonna screw something up. And I would never be able to work on a smaller boat now when my mind is set on the HPR! It would definitely be a wonderful winter project and I'm sure the guys would be a great help. Maybe someone would be able to make me some motor mounts and other parts. Do you think I can pull it off? I'd love to know that I built it myself.

Also, I heard the HPR hardware doesn't come with any screws, so I would need to get all of that myself? I think I saw a link on another thread. And I would have to have the boat painted, right? It said somewhere that it doesn't look too good out of the box.

Not motor mounts, I meant those other things where the stuffing tube goes through. Forgot what they're called. Saw some other people using them in their HPR's.

Oh and John, good luck on your build! I'll be looking for a building thread :)

Hah, thanks. Now I get to spend forever trying to decide how I wanna power this baby.
    Ive stared at mine for about a year now... Ive changed my mind on it about 10 times.

Budget and hpr build don't really go hand in hand. Lol
    Couldnt be said any better than that

Not motor mounts, I meant those other things where the stuffing tube goes through. Forgot what they're called. Saw some other people using them in their HPR's.
    Stingers?

No not stingers, I know what those are, ahaha. Between the motor mount and the exit of the stuffing tube from the hull, some people but something metal to hold the stuffing tube. I'll find the pic in a second.

Oh and John, good luck on your build! I'll be looking for a building thread :)
    Thanks bud!

Ive stared at mine for about a year now... Ive changed my mind on it about 10 times.

Couldnt be said any better than that

Stingers?
    I don't even have mine in hand yet and I've changed my mind 3 times! Lol

I think maybe he is referring to a transom doubler where the stingers mount?
    Catching Air!

Something to hold up the stuffing tube? MHz makes something like that.
    Catching Air!

Dom, do what I did.. get the hull and stare at it for a long long time. In the mean time, build stuff, experiment... once it was in my home, it was easier to want to learn things rather than dive into the build. Making carbon plates, custom pieces, watching other builds on what and what not to do... and mean while build build build. Its a lot easier to buiod a twin HOTR for example, screw it up and your out a $130 dollar hull and some time. Everythign else transfers to the next boat. Plus like you said... the feeling of accomplishment knowing you built it yourself... priceless. Ever built a plastic model? A wood kit of any sort? Walmart furniture? Its all the same man.. time and patience. If you askl questions and get answers before and while you build.. its pretty hard to screw up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast