Thread: Ultimate Upgrade/Add 20 MPH

Default Ultimate Upgrade/Add 20 MPH

Have you read the Winter 2008 Boat Modeler article on "Making the Switch to Lipo" by Jay Turner (Fluid). It is using the Mean Machine hull with different setups. He gave us his 60+ MPH setup in our building section months ago. I thought it was pretty cool that he released it here FIRST. This guy spends a lot of time helping people. Kudo's

Build a Mean Machine thread
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...read.php?t=751
    Last edited by ReddyWatts; 11-27-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

I agree, Jay is very helpful and friedly!! Always seems to help with any Q's I have had....I also have a mean machine and his tips have paid off!!

Jay is the best in my opinion.....always has been.

The mag store in town STILL hasent shelved this new issue. They have one of the old ones left...Cheap bastages.

Jay Turner offers serious advise to the novice and seasoned boater that is way beyond par and he will, thank God, tell you if you are out to lunch on a setup
    Many thanks Jay/Fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Jay Turner offers serious advise to the novice and seasoned boater that is way beyond par and he will, thank God, tell you if you are out to lunch on a setup
    Many thanks Jay/Fluid

Thank you Mr. Turner

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I confess, I didn't know Fluid is Jay Turner! His knowledge and publications are brilliant! For me, his willing advice on my threads have been a revelation. For years, I've always enjoyed reading his brilliant articles in Boat Modeler Magazine and his book on Advanced RC Boating. All this time, I didn't know it was the legend himself who was responding to my threads.

I digress, ever since I was a kid I wanted to build an RC boat. I practically memorized John Finch's book on RC Boats. Back then, I couldn't afford to build boats, and later I was too busy with college/dental school. After years of collecting Boat Modeler thinking that "it would be this summer;" well, it was this summer of 2007 that I finally embraced this hobby and purchased a SV27 to learn the essentials. Shortly thereafter, I built my first boat the Mean Machine. I agree with ReddyWatts, the thread on the "60mph Mean Machine" actually inspired me to make my first build. It's a liberating feeling to watch one's boat race across the water.

Thank You Jay/Fluid for continuing to create positive missionaries for this great little hobby!