Thread: pushin limits of HOTR

Default pushin limits of HOTR

Haven't really followed the HOTR threads, but when Fightercat had this, I jumped.

I tried my big outrunner T600, but am afraid I killed it running it w/o advanced timing. Then I threw in the Medusa I was trying to sell.... WOW! Although 2000KV, I went for 5S and then 6S. Got a couple nice action stills as well.

Looks like the upper limit for this hull might be in the low 60s? I forgot my toolbox this trip (with GPS in it) but it moved like it was approaching 60 in the second clip.

Here is vid......
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Very nice jesse!!!!

As always...Very impressive! Running great.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

thanks Jason, hows the DF treating you?

Hey thanks, Dom - if you don't have this album, you really ought to pick it up - killer beats!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

lookin good, i had mine get 59 with no problem this weekend. i was suprised how well it handled the wide open throtle. all the temps were cool and when i went to prop up i noticed the motor mount was cracked so it will have to wait untill next time. i am using the turnigy t600 on 5000, 40c 6s and a m445. i have about 10 oz of lead in the left front sponson and it seems like the hull can handle a bit more speed. it was solid at 59 for long straights

where did you put your lead? at COG? what COG are you running? on 5S it was about 30% and on 6S 28% - is this a wet hull or are you getting it to air out?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

mine is right around 30%, i put the lead all teh way in the tip of the right sponson. (stuffed it in the pool noodle). i am using it to keep the sponson tip down in the turns. with the big outrunner it wants to pull the right front on the throtle. i started with 1lb and have been triming it little by little.

Great vid Jesse.. always like watching your videos, the music's always good!!!

Nice setup..what size prop is that?....also loved that flip!!! if you watch closely its actually "spiraling" when it takes off...awesome...........Al

Very nice, I've got one sitting on a shelf waiting... Did you damage anything in that flip? Did you strengthen the hull any?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    thanks Jason, hows the DF treating you?

Hey thanks, Dom - if you don't have this album, you really ought to pick it up - killer beats!
    What's the Album and who's the artist. I remember that song from the 70's.
    Government Moto:

thanks guys for kind words. Yes she thinks she's some kind of aerobat or ballerina.

prop is prather 220, the only damage on flip was some decal pulled back and one of the layers of hatch tape completely gone. I added CF to the tunnel only, for the motor mount. Other than that no other cloth. I did install some plexiglass battery shelves in the sponsons, about 5/8" above the floor, which I siliconed in - I bet this provides some rigidity to the hull as a whole. I can post up some pics of the innards.

Tunes = Galactic's "We love 'em tonight (live at Tipitina's)" - song was: I get lifted
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

thanks guys for kind words. Yes she thinks she's some kind of aerobat or ballerina.

prop is prather 220, the only damage on flip was some decal pulled back and one of the layers of hatch tape completely gone. I added CF to the tunnel only, for the motor mount. Other than that no other cloth. I did install some plexiglass battery shelves in the sponsons, about 5/8" above the floor, which I siliconed in - I bet this provides some rigidity to the hull as a whole. I can post up some pics of the innards.

Tunes = Galactic's "We love 'em tonight (live at Tipitina's)" - song was: I get lifted
    That song was by George McCrae then covered by KC & the Sunshine Band....
    It's a good song.
    Government Moto:

Default Geico innards

here is the interior. homade motor mount, servo stuck down w/ silicone as are plexiglass battery trays, to elevate and to provide good sticky surface for velcro. CF cloth and FG to hold stuff in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Looks good Jesse! Now thats MY kinda rpm's right there! Pretty impressive prop for that many rpm. Did the motor heat up much?
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

motor didn't even have a bead of sweat on it... That's a Medusa for ya...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Looks like the upper limit for this hull might be in the low 60s? I forgot my toolbox this trip (with GPS in it) but it moved like it was approaching 60 in the second clip....
    Awesome Jessie. I love these hulls. She has more to give you no doubt. Im in the low 70s and looking for more w/ out a complete motor swap etc. Granted Im running twins.. but she will go faster no problem.

Nice build as usual. I love watching your stuff.

Thanks dude, I bet this would be a good project for twin proboat motors.... hmmmm. might need another one, maybe the 36" version.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hey Jesse, is that a 3670 motor?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

probably, would have to measure it and I am not too far from the bed.. so will get back to you
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Hey Jesse, is that a 3670 motor?
    Yes it is. (sorry Jesse, slowpoke ) That is some great power for that size can, rpm's and prop. Medusa are of great quality and are no slouch in the power department as demonstrated by Jesse.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Yes it is. (sorry Jesse, slowpoke ) That is some great power for that size can, rpm's and prop. Medusa are of great quality and are no slouch in the power department as demonstrated by Jesse.
    I have a couple Medusa's
    a 3670 and a 3680, and they never get hot
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s