Thread: My cat now only has 8 lives.

Default My cat now only has 8 lives.

Today was not my lucky day, watch the video on RcFlix in the link below to see why.
    http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/show...o=2882&cat=605

First I must say that bad driving didn’t cause this crash.

I lost all control of both the steering and the motor (It just carried on at full power)

I think I now know what happened, The boat is powered with 6S Lipos, CC120 Hydra with JR X-S-3 Radio/receiver.

So the BEC is disabled and separate receiver pack installed, which has an on/off switch, mounted in a Du-Bro Universal Kwik Switch Mount.

What I believe happened is the switch to the receiver pack moved to the off position.

Thus loosing all steering, what I have found with the CC Esc (Hydra and Baracuda) is that if the power is cut to the receiver this can cause the Motor to run full throttle.
    Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a cure?

I think I’ll now buy a Castle Creations BEC which will make the receiver pack and switch redundant

The good news is the boat is not a complete wreck.

The back corner is cracked open where it hit a rock, but the front and bottom of the sponsons are just scratched and the gel coat chipped.

What would be a good product to fill the surface scratches and chips?
    (I had thought of car body filler).

The rudder will need replacing but is in remarkable good condition. It is a speedmaster and the brass bolt broke just like it is designed to and it flipped up with no resulting damage to the stern where the rudder is mounted.

I just think how lucky I was If it was pointing in a different direction it could have smashed into the Dam wall, or disappeared across the lake probably never to be found.

Dave

Been there, done that as well . As long as she can be repaired, everything is good:)

Had my Miss Llumar do that as well, remarkably very little damage. It was running again the next weekend.

Default cat has 8 lives

Happened to me on a Mutineer.I use 9 volt battery and without knowing, the 9 volts wasn't 9 volts at all and ran real low. No steering, motor was at full power and i just had to watch, sick feeling.

I just think how lucky I was If it was pointing in a different direction it could have smashed into the Dam wall, or disappeared across the lake probably never to be found.

Dave
    Glad to see it wasent destroyed. What hull is that?
    Last edited by SJFE; 11-24-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Default cat has 8 lives

Sorry, i stuck my nose in!
    Last edited by FRED; 11-24-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: I thought he was talking to me, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Glad to see it wasent destroyed. What hull is that?
    It's a H&M Maritimo Catamaran

My fault for not addressing who I was talkin to Fred. No Worries. Thanks Dave I couldent tell what that was. You have any more Pics or Videos?