Thread: charging batteries together

Default charging batteries together

I have a two battery boat and only one charger, I run stock packs and lipos. My charger only charges lipos up to three amps so basiclly I can charge my lipos in 3 hours for 5-6 min of run time. I am charging my batteries the day before. I know I need a another charger but I am still paying off the upgrades on my boat. Can you charge the batteries together in paraell if a make an adaptor?

You should get a new cha-- Oh, oops! Haha

Even if you make a parallel adapter, it won't take you any less time to charge them with just 3 amps of power. If you charge one 5000mah lipo in 3 hours, then in parallel it'll charge a 10,000mah lipo in 6 hours. If your charger went up to 6 amps then you could charge your 2 5000mah lipos in 3 hours.

Am I making any sense here? Haha.

Bottom line is you should look into a better charger when the money comes up. I use an iCharger 206b, and it goes up to 20amps with the P350 power supply. I can parallel charge up to 6 lipos with the parallel charging and balancing cables. And it takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Default Parallel charging

Do a search on parallel charging. You can charge them together, but depending on you batteries and charger/balancer, there are limitations. I have set up my Triton Jr and Equinox to charge two large lipos. Obviously, by charger can only charge at 50 watts max, but it still makes a huge improvement in overall charging time... If this isn't enough direction, be more specific with your equipment and we can focus a bit more on the details....

Sanyi

You need one of these! Great charger. Great price! Free shipping!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I have six chargers. Two of them cost over $200 each. I find myself using the one in the link more than the others!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com