Thread: what motor and esc for sv27 for 7 year old daughter

Default what motor and esc for sv27 for 7 year old daughter

I just bought a 2nd budweiser hydro to match mine that will be my sons and now was thinking of setting up his old sv27 for my 7 year old daughter so she could play too.

What about a stock slash titan brushed motor with traxxas xl5 water proof esc and 2 nimh packs in parallel for long play times? Do you think it would over heat even if I put a smaller prop on it to keep the strain down. She doesn't need it real fast but get on plane an cruise pretty good. She drives a slash on the street and both of my kids started rc's very young but I think a brushless sv would be to much for her. Any suggestions would be great.
    SV 27,brushless mini vee,renegade rigger,twinstorm,micro drifter,super hawaii , 1/12 miss budwieser

you could go brushless with high mah ratings for longevity and then reduce the epa settings on the radio for kids ..thats if the radio has them

Default maybe

Maybe a sv esc and motor on 3s lipo ? I have some 3 s lipos with 15c rating and 4000 mah that I could put in parrallel for long run time . I don't have a use forthe lipos anymore anyways.
    SV 27,brushless mini vee,renegade rigger,twinstorm,micro drifter,super hawaii , 1/12 miss budwieser

A brushed 550 wont give you much speed at all..........maybe 15mph at most when propped to keep it from overheating..........speaking of which, the 12T titan in the slash is way too low of a turn motor to use in it. By the time you get a 700 size to give it enough power to plane off, you have already spent a fair amount of dough on the motor and ESC.

I'd go something along these lines for her.............low to mid twenties on 3s is my guesstimate.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7360

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6529

Default 9l

I found a 9l in my hobby box that I might use with 2s lipo so with 2700 kv it should be ok for her and if I need more I could run 3s when she get the hang of it.

I think I'll get the mystery 200 amp esc for 35.00 bucks and just run it air cooled since it won't even be pusheed at all and I've had good luck with these in the past or the suppo or himodel all about the same esc and hard to beat for the price.

If you still have the stock system use that on 3s it's manageable and very low amp draw. That's how I used to set it up for my 5yr old at the time. With 2 5000's in parallel on a 442 prop she could get aroung fifteen minutes of run time and temps would still be around 120s.
    If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    If you still have the stock system use that on 3s it's manageable and very low amp draw. That's how I used to set it up for my 5yr old at the time. With 2 5000's in parallel on a 442 prop she could get aroung fifteen minutes of run time and temps would still be around 120s.
    We ran a stock sv27 with prather s215 on 3s for my son and it was perfect. Temps were ultra low and runtime was great. You will get a lot more runtime out of a brushless setup than you willl a brushed motor. The brushed motors are a lot more inefficiant.
    2700kv is too much.

alos dont forget, the sv really doesnt turn well at all, until you get it moving a little bit.... so consider that too. maybe you could mount the ruddder behind the stinger for better low speed turning