Thread: Aqua Jet motor and fin upgrade?

Default Aqua Jet motor and fin upgrade?

I'd like to upgrade to the 775 or comparable motor. Does anyone have recomendations for a motor and an ESC.

I'd be using fins from here. However my question is how to best mount them. Parrallel to the rudder or perpendicular to the transom. Thanks.

Depending on what you want to do? Do you have a stock esc? There are several options. 700sc or a full drop in aqua craft bl motor and esc package. The kyosho fins that are sold as singles fit it the best. Run them 90degress from the transom.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Depending on what you want to do? Do you have a stock esc? There are several options. 700sc or a full drop in aqua craft bl motor and esc package. The kyosho fins that are sold as singles fit it the best. Run them 90degress from the transom.
    I'd like to throw in a bigger motor, and dual bats. I figured the fins needed to run 90* but where on the stern? At the edges where running them would have an inward pitch to the rudder or more inboard where the fins would pitch outwards.

As a rule the fins are alined @ a 90 degree angle to the V or dead rise of the bottom of the boat & as far out to the sides as possible. Moving them out to the sides keeps the fin out of the water on the straight run for less drag. The it bites in the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I'd like to throw in a bigger motor, and dual bats. I figured the fins needed to run 90* but where on the stern? At the edges where running them would have an inward pitch to the rudder or more inboard where the fins would pitch outwards.
    They have to mount on the flat part of the transom.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!