Thread: Stiletto ESC cooling question

Default Stiletto ESC cooling question

Is it just mine, or is the ESC cooling plate, have a lot of resistance to pressure?

I took my ESC out to install 5.5mm bullets, then I attached one hose to the cooling and blew through the tube with a lot of difficulty. I tried it on the other nipple, and the same resistance in the other direction. so much resistance, that I see the silicone tube swell as the air passes through the ESC. Before I get questions about kinks in the line or another device attached, it is just the ESC and one hose. nothing else involved.
    I'm sure glad I never ran it yet.
    Any ideas please?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 10-28-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Is it just mine, or is the ESC cooling plate, have a lot of resistance to pressure?

I took my ESC out to install 5.5mm bullets, then I attached one hose to the cooling and blew through the tube with a lot of difficulty. I tried it on the other nipple, and the same resistance in the other direction. so much resistance, that I see the silicone tube swell as the air passes through the ESC. Before I get questions about links in the line or another device attached, it is just the ESC and one hose. nothing else involved.
    I'm sure glad I never ran it yet.
    Any ideas please?

Thanks!
    I'll have to check mine tonight and compare it to the 45A ESCs...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Please do, thank you Darin
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You are not supposed to install 5.5mm bullets on the cooling lines!

I had to re-read my post!

my 45a in the mg seems to be very free as i blow the water out of it after i run it to stop the water from drooling out on the seats of the truck have to try the stiletto now......ok both are the same as far as i can tell....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I used one in my 1/10th scale and did not check it for flow but water came through just fine and everythign was plenty cool guess I should check the 45 and 60's i have also just for kicks.
    Or you can just send it to me if you are too concerned
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham