Thread: 11L 2200KV or 9XL 1900KV

Default 11L 2200KV or 9XL 1900KV

Hey guys,

Looking to get an Elam and I'm wanting to change out the stock 1500KV motor, not looking to go 6S so which of these is a better motor choice:

11L 2200KV

9XL 1900KV

Also, will the 9XL fit under the canopy?

Thanks in advance!
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

Cool

I don't know what fits or doesn't, but the XL motor is a better choice for 4S in most hulls. More torque, more mass to handle heat, heavier to keep the hull down. Anymore the L motors ore for 2S setups if you want much performance and reliability.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yeah but isn't the miss elam only a wee lil 27" hull?

I was thinking 11L on 4S with a 120A Seaking....

because I've already bought a few hulls and found out that my 4074 or my 1515 doesn't fit under the hood LOL
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

Cool

If you've made up you mind already - why bother us with the question?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I ran a hacker 11L on 4s1p with a watercooled Phoenix 80 with an X637 in a JB Marine Thor 26" semiscale hydro for a while but I couldn't get it turning right at the much higher speed than it did with 700 motor and NiCads and I don't like slowing down for corners so it got shelved.

I now have the same setup in a mean machine with the exception of the ESC I upgraded to a Hydra 240 (overkill I know and I'm sure a 120A would be OK but I wanted to use it in another boat too (I never did burn out the Pheonix80 but I did have to run it with current limiting disabled which I wasn't comfortable with doing hence the upgrade)) and the prop which is still an X637 but I had to de-tongue and back-cut it to get the 6mins run time of cat races over the 5mins of hydro races.

It's a good setup if you want decent speed with decent run time for sport or a Naviga style race but if you want to sprint race then like Jay said it's too small I have tried bigger props and it just doesn't have the torque to spin them, it gets hot and the revs drop slowing you down, you can hear a big difference in RPM even between the X637 and M440, the biggest props that it will spin efficiently are the X438 and X637, I never tried any lifters with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    If you've made up you mind already - why bother us with the question?

Sorry I meant 9XL...I'd like to go with a 9XL but I'm not sure if it'll fit under the canopy
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

Im also curious about the 9xl with a 120 seaking and an s&b x642 in a 26 inch hydro.
    I believe it's my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight. Cause it never gets dull, it never gets old. The only thing it gets is more bold. Drinkin', fightin', going to the game. In our world it's a way to stay sane. If you're asking me. To have it my way, I'd say that's One fine day. ---- The Offspring

I'm actually going to throw a 2200KV Turnigy outrunner in this hull now. And run her on an x642...but I won't know how she fairs until next season.
    Go Brushless or GO HOME