Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling

So did you put the UL-1 motor in it?

I'm curious to see how my boat runs now, I've changed some things since the last time I had it in the water. Motor w/ Water Jacket - Water Pickup - 5.5 Bullet Connectors :D

Yes i put the motor in... Bought the boat with just the hull and hardware. I installed the rest.. burnt up one esc and just put in a new seaking 90amp esc the other day... runs great!!! very fast.. blows doors on my old prather tunnel... lol

Oh alright, I wasn't sure if you actually did it or you wanted to, haha. It sounds like it runs pretty good, put up a vid if you have one!

No video yet... wanna get used to the boat before i do that... Haha.. Im getting two hydro's and one is getting a ammo 2300 in it.. the shovelnose.

Haha alright, sounds good. I'm gonna try to get a video if I run my SV27 this weekend.

I'm waiting for my Pursuit from Kintec. He has it on order, with a Leopard 4074 motor and SeaKing 180 ESC. I'm psyched, but I've been waiting for a while, hopefully it comes in soon. Especially before the water freezes!

Water.. freeze.... LOL... never heard of that.....:)

Hahaha! Well you're lucky cause you're in CA, although it should start getting warmer here in around April. So, back to boats :) I think I got a good month before things start getting too cold.

Ya im pretty lucky i live here..weather's great year around. That Pursuit looks like a really nice boat. Diesel has one and did a really great job building it..

I love the CA climate, although I also love it here in NY. I'll be in CA sooner or later, I'm in college for film, so my career will most likely lead me there :)

I really hope the Pursuit comes in, it seems like an awesome boat.

Well, I'm gonna head off to sleep. It's 1am here, and I've got a midterm in the morning! Good luck with the boat and let me know how it goes! Goodnight.

Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Will the Ul-1 motor work with the stock 45A esc on the SV?

Do not believe so, you will need the UL-1 ESC which is 60A

Any good water cooled ESC from HobbyCity worth getting?

My brother-in-law runs the kintech tab/pickup combo. Keeps stuff good and cool.

I placed the SV27r water pickup on my SV27. Works great. I the process of painting right now. I also added the Kintec water jacket. Ordering more parts tomorrow. From tabs and a nose hook. Will post pics of paint job later this week.

Is it smart to add an extra water pick up line and run it for just the motor or ESC? I have a stock SV27 on the way and not sure what should be upgraded or left alone.

This is what I did when I got mine last December. Got use to running it first. Then upgraded the prop. and converted it to lipo's by adding a Lipo shield from Kintic racing, water pickup on the transom, port turn fin and changed out the water jacket on the motor. This just made me feel better because I didn't want to get to much heat in the motor and esc and is was a cheap change and easy to do. Gawd these things are money pits. But oh so much fun. Now ready going through a bunch of changes and upgrades.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12