Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooling

Default Cooling

I just got back from running my boat today, and noticed when the boat is on plane and running full speed, the water seems to slow or stop coming out of the water outlet... When i slow down then water comes out great... Is that normal????

Are you running stock cooling, (Rudder Only)

Make sure that water actually IS coming out.

I recently had a bad experience with my SV cooling. Smoked my motor in the end, cause my rudder water pickup was clogged. Make sure that it is clear by blowing into the top. I just got the transom water pickup and have yet to try it out, but it looks promising. Also, I had no idea that water wasn't coming out, since sometimes it looks like it is from the side.

Ya it's the stock rudder one.. i can see water coming out at lower speeds, but not at top speed.. maybe the water inlet is lifting out of the water at full speed.. I have a UL-1 motor so it really cooks...

the rudder pickups kinda blow. i have an sv with ul-1 motor too. i use the http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-aqub9520 and it works great

oh what prop are you using? i use the grim 40/52/3

I have the CF 42... and that boat really cooks.. can't wait to get a metal prop..

Well if i go that route, i think i'll pick up the trim tab and water pick-up combo..

Quote Originally Posted by Krowbar69 View Post
    I have the CF 42... and that boat really cooks.. can't wait to get a metal prop..
    i was using an x440/2 which got it out of the water real fast and seemed a little faster but made the boat more unstable for some reason. when i run the three blade prop it runs real smooth. i hear the 40/52 i real close to the x440/3 but i would like to get the x440/3 when theyre back in stock. i think it may be a bit faster. also someone told me to try an x642... but i dunno bout that. thats alot of pitch for a high rpm motor. prolly a bad idea

there is a combo?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    the rudder pickups kinda blow. i have an sv with ul-1 motor too. i use the http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-aqub9520 and it works great
    Yea that's the one I got. How deep below the hull did you put it?

And also, I just got the 42x55 S&B prop from Egneg, and have yet to try it out. Along with the Ammo 2300 motor. I can't wait to see how all this runs!

X642 and Grim 42X55 were recommended to me by Diesel.... but in the mean time i got the CF-42 cause you don't have to balance and it's cheap!!! lol.. I need to work on the CG and the trim tabs on my boat still. It's own wake almost makes it flip.. In fact it did flip it...

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    Yea that's the one I got. How deep below the hull did you put it?

And also, I just got the 42x55 S&B prop from Egneg, and have yet to try it out. Along with the Ammo 2300 motor. I can't wait to see how all this runs!
    gonna be a rocket! i put it so it just barely goes below the transom. doesnt take much to get water flow in there

Knitec has the trim tab combo...

X642 and Grim 42X55 were recommended to me by Diesel.... but in the mean time i got the CF-42 cause you don't have to balance and it's cheap!!! lol.. I need to work on the CG and the trim tabs on my boat still. It's own wake almost makes it flip.. In fact it did flip it...
    Yepp, everyone including Diesel, has recommended the 42x55 prop. I've been running the 40x52 that dana has. You should definitely order the 42x55 from Egneg, he did a great job on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    gonna be a rocket! i put it so it just barely goes below the transom. doesnt take much to get water flow in there
    I hope it is! And thanks, I will do that.

i bought the kintec trim tabs adjusters. theyre awesome

don't they have a water pick up on them dana????

no i bought these
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've heard some people drilling out the stock rudder one, to make it a little bigger.

I've heard some people drilling out the stock rudder one, to make it a little bigger.
    Yeah you can do that, but I recommend installing the transom water pickup. Some people also use both water pickups, transom and rudder, by using a Y-harness. It's overkill for this boat IMO, but always an option!

Well... i just looked at it, and it seems lower then the transom so i don't understand why it isn't picking up water at top speed... I think the water pick-ups that are mounted to the transom would be higher then the rudder one...

Well... i just looked at it, and it seems lower then the transom so i don't understand why it isn't picking up water at top speed... I think the water pick-ups that are mounted to the transom would be higher then the rudder one...
    They work different. The transom pickup work better. That's why the new sv come with transom pickup and no rudder pickup

Are you sure the water isn't just splattering in the wind? Never had any problems running full systems off rudder pickups.

Well.. at it come rippin by me i don't see much water coming out.. but if i get off the throttle a little.. water comes out like crazy..

Well.. at it come rippin by me i don't see much water coming out.. but if i get off the throttle a little.. water comes out like crazy..
    That's just odd to me. Have a side shot of the boat? Want to see where the rudder pickup is.

although I'm not that familiar with the SV, so it just might be coming up out of the water. In that case, it makes sense.

I was just told.. at high speed, it might be dripping out and thats ok.. i might get the trim tab water pick-up combo or drill the hole a little bigger...

I'm also starting to think that it might just be the fact that the boat is coming out of the water at high speeds. It shouldn't be a problem, since it is getting water on the turns and at a lower speed.

I would go with the trim tab water pick-up combo, you get two great upgrades that way.

Ya... since i need better trim tabs.. and a port turn fin! lol

Haha, good idea! I think the turn fin will be my next upgrade.

I almost put an ammo 2300 in my SV but was told the UL-1 is a good motor and runs cool.. and for just getting back into boat again.. this one is plenty fast... gotta be doing close to 45mph..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast