Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB Large Hull

Ya. I wanna run a brushless setup and would want a hull with a canopy.

What about this. I think it comes factory with a leopard 4072. They just came in and olny have 2 left.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11892

What kind of hull do you want a cat or a v ? Whats the budget like?

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    What about this. I think it comes factory with a leopard 4072. They just came in and olny have 2 left.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11892
    That's a DF 40 copy. It's a decent hull, but that motor is way TOOOOOO small for it. How do I know? I have one. =)

The graphics are easily removable, there is no clear coat. You could resell the ESC and motor...

Or... just build a sniper.

I have a sniper that I'm really not in the market to sell.... But if brad were looking to buy a sniper does anyone know where you can get one in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by RCKong View Post
    I saw one run today and it took a lot of power to push it nicely.
    Actually I'm still working on getting that one sorted out. Yesterday was a big improvement over the 1st outing but it's still running wayyy too wet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTQInjCwP0

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    That's a DF 40 copy. It's a decent hull, but that motor is way TOOOOOO small for it. How do I know? I have one. =)

The graphics are easily removable, there is no clear coat. You could resell the ESC and motor...

Or... just build a sniper.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    I have a sniper that I'm really not in the market to sell.... But if brad were looking to buy a sniper does anyone know where you can get one in stock?
    $389.99 is a little steep for that boat i think.
    Im really loving these DF hulls!!! Go big or go home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Actually I'm still working on getting that one sorted out. Yesterday was a big improvement over the 1st outing but it's still running wayyy too wet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTQInjCwP0
    whats under the hood? motor/batts/esc?

Quote Originally Posted by milfiebre View Post
    What kind of hull do you want a cat or a v ? Whats the budget like?
    Cat. or a mono thats gonna handle some choppy water. The lake tends to get choppy here. $1000-$1500 is the budget. Anyone know about the G freak 50"+ mono or cat hulls(ARTR).

Buy an Expresscraft and call it a day. You won't find a nicer looking scale boat hull around for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by scullyeng View Post
    Buy an Expresscraft and call it a day. You won't find a nicer looking scale boat hull around for the money.
    I love the Thunderbolt cat. but there made for gas(heavy), so i think it will cost way to much for my budget. One could only wish........

DO NOT BUY A G FREAK! For a big cat hull, that will take all you can throw at it look at the aeromarine boats.

I love the Thunderbolt cat. but there made for gas(heavy), so i think it will cost way to much for my budget. One could only wish........
    They will build a light layup FE hull by request.

I've always thought that was funny. FE layup = light. FE boats are HEAVY, and need more structural support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I've always thought that was funny. FE layup = light. FE boats are HEAVY, and need more structural support.
    So your saying stay away from those express hulls.......

No, not at all. Stay away from G Freak. Don't be turned off by hulls that aren't "FE Layup" also. A sturdy, well built hull will be heavier, but will also be more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    No, not at all. Stay away from G Freak. Don't be turned off by hulls that aren't "FE Layup" also. A sturdy, well built hull will be heavier, but will also be more durable.
    will just need a big budget to push through the water..... Brad just sell the 29ft Baja you own and build a big R/C boat...LOL.... Just Kidding :)

will just need a big budget to push through the water..... Brad just sell the 29ft Baja you own and build a big R/C boat...LOL.... Just Kidding :)
    NO WAY THATS MY BABY!!!!! Whats wrong with the g freak hulls? Just curious. There large cat or mono come with hull, hardeware, and painted.

NO WAY THATS MY BABY!!!!! Whats wrong with the g freak hulls? Just curious. There large cat or mono come with hull, hardeware, and painted.
    Nothing. You get free knives if you order over $500.

What? Knives? LOL

So your saying there hulls are Good?

What? Knives? LOL

So your saying there hulls are Good?
    Free knives! Hater Proof! What's not good about that!

whats under the hood? motor/batts/esc?
    1527/1.5y, 10s 1p 5000's & swordy 240. That was with a x548 prop, ran a x648 later with a little better results. Still not happy with the ride though. I removed a large hook in the port side of the hull but it's still almost leaning the wrong way through turns.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    1527/1.5y, 10s 1p 5000's & swordy 240. That was with a x548 prop, ran a x648 later with a little better results. Still not happy with the ride though. I removed a large hook in the port side of the hull but it's still almost leaning the wrong way through turns.
    cool.... I run a simple S&B x445 on my df40 copy, on 8s and 10s with a lehner.... runs super with wicked handling....

Default Vee hulls

here are two pics of my old 52" gasser with a homelite to show you what the hatch would look like for it (different boat but same hull). I would make a new hatch of course, this one was cut out to fit the homelite. Hatch was designed for gas boats, not to be taped shut.

also, the 40" scarab that I am working on, but that seems small for what you want.

You never mentioned what speed you were looking for in the rough water?

That 52" would be available with a surface drive and rudder for 1/4" props if you are looking at a scorpion outrunner, wouldn't even touch your hull budget, but it does need finishing! Light and strong though. Very Strong! I really want to put an outrunner in it....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay just got off the phone with Tom with Expresscraft boat and talked to him about his thunderbolt WOW nice guy and understood what i want and is under my budget price. Im really thinking about having him build me a hull with hardware. I want huge speeds outta this hull so what motor is gonna push this hull powered buy my castle hv240?

What size is the Thunderbolt?

50 inches but without the rear pad its 47". Beam? Forgot to ask.

Thats what i was getting at EXPRESSCRAFT, Tom is a great guy he will build you your boat to spec just let him know what you have in mind and he will build it for you my apache came in bare hull at 11lbs and my mti from him was about the same ,, I cant say enough about these boats for the money you cant beat it !dont forget he does them out of cf on request for a few more bucks ,,check my 70" apache thread for pics !Unmatched in price and Quality i have flipped my mti over twice know in grand style and not even a scratch,, strong hulls ..AND FAST!

Quote Originally Posted by milfiebre View Post
    i have flipped my mti over twice know in grand style and not even a scratch,, strong hulls ..AND FAST!
    And just to show he's not kidding. Check the fantastic form on a full gainer with 1/2 twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5SqoXVFl8

Quote Originally Posted by tborisch View Post
    Just north of $19k. There is a lot to it that you don't see.

Tom
    I figured it was up there. I'm heavy into real boats and when I tell non boaters what I have into my 1994 30 foot Scarab they nearly crap themselves.

I have an Aeromarine Apache 50" (gas) with almost 5 grand into it so 20 grand into that cat is relative.

Nice work!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast