Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB Large Hull

Default WTB Large Hull

Looking for a large cat or mono hull to handel some choppy water. trying to work a deal know, but i wanna keep some options open! Like to buy one with hull and hardware or artr. Let me know. send pics. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    Looking for a large cat or mono hull to handel some choppy water. trying to work a deal know, but i wanna keep some options open! Like to buy one with hull and hardware or artr. Let me know. send pics. Thanks
    I build the 72" skater. Check it out at www.classonerc.com. I'm building an FE version now with the help of some people in the know.

Handled most conditions very well.

Let me know if I can help out.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tborisch View Post
    I build the 72" skater. Check it out at www.classonerc.com. I'm building an FE version now with the help of some people in the know.

Tom

WOW Insane boats man. Not trying to spend that much. Would like a hull and hardware combo for under 600-800. Like a 40"-65" Mono or cat. Then if its a single motor probley run a 2215.

You might want to check out http://www.expresscraft.com/ourboats.htm
    The Lightning Cat is around 48" long and the Thunderbolt is 50". Very reasonably priced although they are bare white hulls when you get them.
    I'm thinking of the Thunderbolt for a twin Castle/Neu 1717 powered cat as my next build.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    The Lightning Cat is around 48" long and the Thunderbolt is 50". Very reasonably priced although they are bare white hulls when you get them.
    I'm thinking of the Thunderbolt for a twin Castle/Neu 1717 powered cat as my next build.
    Bill, have you seen a 65" GTX? I'm considering one for a gas build to mess around in the salt water chop. They've been highly recommended for setup with a ~31cc gas.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Bill, have you seen a 65" GTX? I'm considering one for a gas build to mess around in the salt water chop. They've been highly recommended for setup with a ~31cc gas.
    I haven't seen (in person) the GTX hull but my friend milfiebre has both the 60" MTI cat and the monster 72" Apache hulls from him. The glass work is great on both of them.
    The MTI is running the screamer marine on 10s with a SF 240 hv. The Apache is still waiting on his wallet to recover for powering it. His plans are for at least twin screamers or maybe even 3 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Love these hulls man. Thanks for giving me that link. Love the Apache and that GTX. That thunderbolt with a twin castle setup should

Never built one from scratch though..............

I have a Expresscraft cat. I will put up pics when i get home to showe you. I will let it go cheep.

Send them my way!!!!!!!

ok here it is 60" long. it's big

I would like to get $110 out of her.
    you pay shipping
    us only.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tborisch View Post

Let me know if I can help out.

Tom
    WOW!! Amazing boats. That turbine cat is wild. Whats in that boat like $15K?

Has anyone ran a 40'' DF mono in some decent chop? May have a chance to buy one.

Anyone?

I saw one run today and it took a lot of power to push it nicely.

What was it running? Was it a df 40"?

a df40 mono with a 1527 NEU is good for low 60's a 2215 to the 70's and a 2230 to the 80's.....
    Last edited by JMSCARD; 10-24-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    a df40 mono with a 1527 NEU is good for low to mid 60's a 2215 to the 70's and a 2230 to the 80's.....
    She'll handel those speeds? My main concern is bein able to run 40-50mph is 6"-12" shoppy water.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ht=delta+force

check out the vid and read the thread.... it may answer a few of your questions... :)

heres the second vid with a samller prop and some cutting around.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5G1uPIIXw

She'll handel those speeds? My main concern is bein able to run 40-50mph is 6"-12" shoppy water.
    Think about that by scale. How may speed boats do you see in 12 foot waves? 1/10 scale, do the math; 50" boat simulating a 50' boat, so a 12" wave would be a 12' wave.

It get's pretty desolate here at the inlet when the waves get up to 6' or more and certainly aren't any regular boats doing 50mph in 6' chop.

I've been working on a gasser for this very thing, but speeds in the 40ish range and room for lots of acceleration and part throttle running. On/off the throttle constantly to adjust to rapidly changing water conditions. I've boiled it down to the Express GTX or Aeromarine Apache. Again both in the 60 inch range and gas as there will be TONS of throttle manipulation and runtime's needed in the 20-30 minute range.

I would stay away from the DF40 and get the DF Sniper 45 instead. Deeper vee, handle chop much better. To answer your question.

HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Any vids of the DF 45".

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    I would stay away from the DF40 and get the DF Sniper 45 instead. Deeper vee, handle chop much better. To answer your question.
    Why would you say that?

Well, it is a fact. That's why he'd say that..

What Nick had said too! Because I have a DF Cyberstorm, and it is a deeper vee than the DF33, as well as watching a few members here build and run the Sniper. as JM had posted links to.

Why would you say that?
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

It's even stated here. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=df-sniper, I know it is stated for the DF41 as well but it is not a true deep vee.

When will the df 45" be back in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
    WOW!! Amazing boats. That turbine cat is wild. Whats in that boat like $15K?
    Just north of $19k. There is a lot to it that you don't see.

Tom

Still looking!

Default 40" and 52" mono's

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...+kevlar+carbon

Look at last two post in this thread, is this anythng like what you are looking for?

The 40" is a mid vee. The 52" is a true 24 degree deep vee design with a sharp entry, eats rough water.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast