Thread: new ABC 17* props

Default new ABC 17* props

just finished a few for a good customer of mine thanks Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man those are really nice looking Chris! Do you have enough data to tell us what differences we may see between for example a m545 and a 1815-17?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
    Man those are really nice looking Chris! Do you have enough data to tell us what differences we may see between for example a m545 and a 1815-17?
    I can. A m545 is a couple mph slower than an m645. And m645 is 6mph slower than the abc 45mm. So about 7-8mph difference.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That sounds very impressive. But speed aside I tested a fellow members m645 for a single run on my pursuit and it was the first and only time I ever had a "submarine" incident. Maybe a coincidence but think that prop has a lot of transom lift. I have a m545 but have not tested yet. I mostly run the m445 which runs very well. Do you think the running attitude of the 17* ABC props are similar to the m4xx but with the speed of a higher pitch? Sounds like a perfect world lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
    That sounds very impressive. But speed aside I tested a fellow members m645 for a single run on my pursuit and it was the first and only time I ever had a "submarine" incident. Maybe a coincidence but think that prop has a lot of transom lift. I have a m545 but have not tested yet. I mostly run the m445 which runs very well. Do you think the running attitude of the 17* ABC props are similar to the m4xx but with the speed of a higher pitch? Sounds like a perfect world lol
    It's hard to say. If I had to guess I'd say the m445 would have a "flatter" running attitude. The abc 17 series have bow lift instead of transom lift. It's not a huge amount of lift but it's noticeable moreso past 85-90mph than the m645. Then run a bit smoother than the m series props too. Find my thread with the be abc props and I have two videos to compare the m645 vs abc 1815.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I hope I answered your question !

Guys, it is important to mention again that not all props are the same, especially since they are prepared differently from one another. Consequently, claims of a certain MPH increase may be subject to a whole host of factors that have nothing to do with the prop itself. These include hull, hardware, CG, ride attitude, electronics, speed, etc. etc.

This being said, I have seen some of dasboata's props in person and I am impressed with the care and attention he pays to properly prepare them for a given application. This is evidenced by the numerous users who are in the record books using the props he prepares.

As a final disclaimer, it is not fair to say that any prop change will result in an outcome good or bad, but some assumptions can be made with respect to blade area and props that are known to put a lot of extra load on electrics. All of this being said, keep the recommendations coming and please don't stop sharing your experiences! Just be cognizant of the fact that there are a lot of factors at play.

The bottom line is, you have to try it for yourself while listening to/collaborating with other's experiences. Taking those experiences into consideration when you are making a decision is a good idea as-opposed-to being the only deciding factor.

What it comes down to is the fact that none of us are experts. Some of us may have a larger experience/knowledge base than others. However, we are all still learning in every aspect. Meanwhile, as we go faster, we get into new territory and are faced with new challenges that may require a different/alternative approach than previously contemplated. At the same time, technology advances based on our demands as a hobby. I find it most interesting the advancements in every component of this hobby and back to this subject, it is great to see a manufacturer who is continually striving to provide new options for us modellers.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 07-10-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Guys, it is important to mention again that not all props are the same, especially since they are prepared differently from one another. Consequently, claims of a certain MPH increase may be subject to a whole host of factors that have nothing to do with the prop itself. These include hull, hardware, CG, ride attitude, electronics, speed, etc. etc.

This being said, I have seen some of dasboata's props in person and I am impressed with the care and attention he pays to properly prepare them for a given application. This is evidenced by the numerous users who are in the record books using the props he prepares.

As a final disclaimer, it is not fair to say that any prop change will result in an outcome good or bad, but some assumptions can be made with respect to blade area and props that are known to put a lot of extra load on electrics. All of this being said, keep the recommendations coming and please don't stop sharing your experiences. Just be cognizant of the fact that there are a lot of factors at play.

Well I must mention that both props that I compared were both done by Dasboata.

dasboata: How much do you charge to S/B a pair of 1715 abc's mailed to you? I bought some before I knew you were stocking them...

It takes more then a good prop to good fast that is for sure !! guys,,, you know flattery will get you everywhere,,,LOL,,,, thanks for the nice word fellows !!! dmitry you have a PM

When balancing the abc's ... is it normal for one of the blades to take significantly more filing than the other? I've been filing one of the blades (not even touching the other one) and its still the heaviest one when I try it with the balancer lol. Hopefully the balancer is actually functioning correctly. I probably should have paid more than $10 for a balancer. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    When balancing the abc's ... is it normal for one of the blades to take significantly more filing than the other? I've been filing one of the blades (not even touching the other one) and its still the heaviest one when I try it with the balancer lol. Hopefully the balancer is actually functioning correctly. I probably should have paid more than $10 for a balancer. lol.
    PM sent $10 balancer send them to me I don't use a file !

Another testimonial.

I've balanced a bunch of props myself. I even have some pretty sweet equipment to do it. One of the things that amazes me about Dasboata props is the cleanliness where the blades meet the hub. Getting that clean and smooth is an absolute bugger. His props are always clean and precise. Sometimes if I want one that is near perfect to start I'll just buy it from Chris.

No it's not free but guys with no skills what so ever can have a prop that is as nice as a seasoned vets prop. Many times......... it's even nicer. Keep up the good work sir.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Another testimonial.

I've balanced a bunch of props myself. I even have some pretty sweet equipment to do it. One of the things that amazes me about Dasboata props is the cleanliness where the blades meet the hub. Getting that clean and smooth is an absolute bugger. His props are always clean and precise. Sometimes if I want one that is near perfect to start I'll just buy it from Chris.

No it's not free but guys with no skills what so ever can have a prop that is as nice as a seasoned vets prop. Many times......... it's even nicer. Keep up the good work sir.
    Thank you ,Terry I do try not to disappoint !!!!!!!!