Thread: lipo run time

Default lipo run time

What's the average run time for 5000mah 25c 3s packs?

i ran my packs down to 3.3amps and had to cycle them a couple of times to get them to balance back out. I know is was pushing close to the edge, and want to avoid doing it again.

5min run time? 8 min? just want to try to get a safe estm. number to start with. I think i was in the 10-12 min. run time when the packs went down to 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by bagedtaco View Post
    What's the average run time for 5000mah 25c 3s packs?

i ran my packs down to 3.3amps and had to cycle them a couple of times to get them to balance back out. I know is was pushing close to the edge, and want to avoid doing it again.

5min run time? 8 min? just want to try to get a safe estm. number to start with. I think i was in the 10-12 min. run time when the packs went down to 3.3.
    The 25C has nothing to do with run time, the 3s has nothing to do with run time. The 5000mah is what determines the run time.

You say 3.3amps. Do you mean 3.3 volts/cell?

correct 3.3volt.

when you recharged them, how much mah went back into the packs? I know that running my bj26 balls out on 4900mah for 5-7 minutes will leave me with about 20% capacity. That's the sweet spot you wanna shoot for.

the last charge put about 2700-2800mah in the pack after cycling te packs to rebalance them. 1 pack is fine , 1 gets warm when i run it. but it too balances out and took a charge of 2700-2800mah. and stayed room temp. when charging.

you are only running your packs down 50%. You should still have room to go. There's a chance your packs have some internal damage and not discharging evenly.

i'll run them again tomorrow and see what happens.