Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Black Jack 26 epoxy hatch

Just dropping by to see how the hatches are coming along? I am finishing up my chris craft build and looking forward to my next build...
    And thank you for the welcoming,i have been watching for sometime just never had anything worth saying..

Catching up but very slowly. Too much work going on and I have to put some things on the back burner.. being un-employed, I have to take it when I can. I should have yours ready mid/ late next week.

Tom and Rich, Tom, you still want a painted one? If so , I can have it ready to go out Monday. Rich, still looking for a white one? Its ready.

Hey Scott,
    Yes, painted one please! Let me know when and how you want payment.

Tom

yes,I just replied thru IM. I started piling my stuff together for the BJ last night perfect timing.

Default Making another new mold

Im not happy w/ this mold anymore. This is the 3rd one in a row that the windshield frame has chipped while popping out the part. But his one has been the worst as both sides chipped. I made the frame too deep (or too tall) depending on how you look at it, and its causing a bind in the mold while trying to get it to release. Im going to make another new mold. I just keep getting the bugs out, eventually it will be perfect and give me many flawless parts.

Rich, I sent you a PM regarding the one in the pic. I can glue the raised pieces back down and give it a little sanding, once painted, you will never know it was there. Or, as in the PM, if you want a new one, It would be a couple weeks. Let me know as I know you are anxious to get one.

Tom, do you mind waiting couple more weeks? Id like to send you a new and improved one. I dont want to try pulling another one and going for 4 in a row w/ this issue.

Im just not happy w/ what this mold is doing anymore.

-Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Scott,
    No problem. Everything is still ice up here so it's going to be a few months before I can get it in the water. Take you time I'm in no rush.
    Tom

I got it and thank you,this thing rocks I am not worried at all about the cracking part,a little elbow work and it wont be noticeable.(besides its way better than how bad the hulls crack on these) I look forward to using it and I will put up pics when its completed.

Awesome thanks. Ive about got that window frame chipping issue solved. Tom, I should have yours ready in a weekish.

Looks like you're getting a lot of business. Maybe time to expand? How about some hulls? If you build hulls like you do these hatches, I think you'll do GRRRREAT!
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Awesome thanks. Ive about got that window frame chipping issue solved. Tom, I should have yours ready in a weekish.
    Thanks Scott! Looking forward to it.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Looks like you're getting a lot of business. Maybe time to expand? How about some hulls? If you build hulls like you do these hatches, I think you'll do GRRRREAT!
    Workin on it Mr Wilson

Looking forward to anything you make, Scott! You build quality tihs!!

I'd like to see what i need to do to order a painted hatch for my bj26

Quote Originally Posted by chevy9534 View Post
    I'd like to see what i need to do to order a painted hatch for my bj26
    Sorry for the delayed response. All you need is to say you want one. I will lay it up and paint it and then ask for payment. Ive actually got anotehr to paint as well so that works out nicely. It takes about a week and a half. I notify you when its finished, post pics, send you my paypal info and once payment is recieved it ships out, USPS w/ a tracking number.
    Price is $80.00 plus shipping (usually around $15.00)
    Thanks,
    Scott

Tom, if I can ever get to painting yours it will be done. Rain for the week has stopped so I may shoot it Sunday, or Monday. Looks like I have another to paint so Id like to get that one layed up and ready to paint at the same time. Your a week away, I promise. Thank you for your patience.

Tom, if I can ever get to painting yours it will be done. Rain for the week has stopped so I may shoot it Sunday, or Monday. Looks like I have another to paint so Id like to get that one layed up and ready to paint at the same time. Your a week away, I promise. Thank you for your patience.
    No worries Scott,
    Ice is finally melting up here so we're still a few weeks away from playing in the water and not the snow. Just let me know when you want some money.
    Tom

Oh I always want some money, but Ill take yours mid next week when its all painted up and Im happy w/ it.
    Ha, good one! I set myself up for that one on April 1st!
    Hey I don't want to mess up your thread but do you remember this build from Graham? I purchased it from him a few months ago(Christmas present from the kids). Shipped all the way from New Zealand! He did a great job on it. I'll be posting some videos soon. I'm going to redo some of the decals at some point to look like the full size Rio Roses. We'll see if it's a real "Cat Kill" when I put it up against my BJ with the new cowl. That cowl adds 5-10 mph right?
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scott, any idea when I can get a plain white MG hatch? Sorry to be off topic here.

Ok Id like to get one when you get a chance. Just the standard blue and white bj26 paint scheme for me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    Ha, good one! I set myself up for that one on April 1st!
    Hey I don't want to mess up your thread but do you remember this build from Graham? I purchased it from him a few months ago(Christmas present from the kids). Shipped all the way from New Zealand! He did a great job on it. I'll be posting some videos soon. I'm going to redo some of the decals at some point to look like the full size Rio Roses. We'll see if it's a real "Cat Kill" when I put it up against my BJ with the new cowl. That cowl adds 5-10 mph right?
    Tom
    I love that Rio Roses hull. very sleek. Yes, the white cowl adds about 10, but the painted adds 12 to 15mph.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Scott, any idea when I can get a plain white MG hatch? Sorry to be off topic here.
    Can ship out next week. Did you see post 137? finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chevy9534 View Post
    Ok Id like to get one when you get a chance. Just the standard blue and white bj26 paint scheme for me. Thanks.
    Im laying your hatch up now. Just jumped on here while I wait to do the second layer of the epoxy topcoat. It will be out of the mold tomorow, needs a full day to cure and I hope to paint it as well as Toms on Monday. Should be able to ship out Wed or Thursday.

hatch is going to hit the water for the first time tomarrow, damn its been a long winter!

Good to hear. I thought you had got it in before but I guess not. Least its been a nice shelf queen since....

Ahhh, Im still waiting on the 2nd layer of top coat to kick off enough so I can lay up this hatch and go to bed. Its cooler out this evening... seems to be doubling the kick off time.... I just want to go to sleep.

Scott, I saw your post after I posted my comment. It looks great! Now to get one in my hands....muahahaha!

Let me know when it's ready to ship and I will paypal you.

Thanks again for all your hard work and great products!

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Scott, I saw your post after I posted my comment. It looks great! Now to get one in my hands....muahahaha!

Let me know when it's ready to ship and I will paypal you.

Thanks again for all your hard work and great products!
    Thanks Rafael! muahahahah muahahahah muahahahahahahhahahah (and remember to put your pinky to the side of your mouth) Im so tired Im getting delerious.. hopefully I can get this done in about an hour or so. Im going to start prepping that mold in the morning. Will pull the first part out hopefully Sunday at some point. Id imagine that one could go to you Raf. If all looks good it can go out Monday. For sale part "001" Domwilson has the first BJ hatch.... unles he needs a matching numbers Geico lid

Me first, me first!! LOL

And remember, I'm going to paint it so I will have to prep it like I did my BJ hatch. So if it has light imperfections don't freak out()and make another 100 till you get one that's immaculate! I'll take what you got

Raf, yours (Geico hatch) will be layed up tomorrow and ready to ship within a couple days. Ill let you know when Im ready for PP.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast