Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Jack 26 epoxy hatch

I just installed the front tab (should have been one taped inside the scoop in yours) and use tape. Ive had some nasty violent crashes w/ mine and it hasnt budged.

I found it sitting in the bubble tape thanks, never new that was there, anyother surpises in that box.

Hey Scott, hows my hatch comin? Waddaya waitin for? Christmas?? Got an eta on that hatch? Can I send you some $$$ yet??

Im a perfectionist. Its not perfect. The clear, because I ran out, needs another wet coat put on. I havent had time to get to the other side of town to get it. Hopefully tomorrow. then it will sit for 48 hours to cure, then itll go out. Im hoping Friday. Sorry Scott, Ive just been goin like mad over hear. As soon as its curing and Im 100% happy, Ill hit you up for PP. Hang tight man.. thanx for being patient!

ForeScott, you have a PM. Shes Finished. I found some clear hiding in the back of a cabinet. Came out real nice.

Sorry its a little blury. Ill try and get a good pic of it outside tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (55.7 KB, 30 views)

Awesome! I'm sure it looks great up close. I'll send paypal tomorrow!

Payment sent. Thanks again!!

Here is a fantastic looking hatch I received from tiqueman. It really gives the boat a different look and will surely fare much better than the stock hatch in a rollover. Not only because of superior materials but because of the rounded canopy design. Great job!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forescott; 01-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Looks sweet Scott! Glad you like it. Ill keep you all posted on the Geico hatches. Should have some good pics by the middle of next week of them. They will be of the same layup structure and materials. Im still doing some R&D w/ the paint.

hi scott this richard i just want to let you kkow that i still want that hatch and i need it paint let me know .

Hey Rich, I planned on bringing it on the 9th.. but I thought you wanted it plain white. Its been ready for 3 weeks. I will not have time to paint it by the weekend. Wish Ida known, I woulda painted it w/ Forescotts.....

ok i still need it

Hey Scott, I hope you had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
    Well Chrismas is over and I need to spend some of my Christmas money.
    I would like to order a painted hatch with factory colors. Do you need payment in advance? Deposit?
    No rush on it as our water is in the form of ice now until April.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    Hey Scott, I hope you had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
    Well Chrismas is over and I need to spend some of my Christmas money.
    I would like to order a painted hatch with factory colors. Do you need payment in advance? Deposit?
    No rush on it as our water is in the form of ice now until April.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Hey Tom. The Holidays were nice and went by way too fast as usual. Hope yours was cheerful.
    As of now Im waiting on the epoxy topcoat. The distributor I order it from dropped the ball and forgot to order it. It was supposed to be in a couple weeks ago. I still dont even know if they ordered it. They gave me the "oh Oh yeah its orderd... I dont know whats taken so long..." . They got really ... unprofessional, if you will, around the holidays. A soon as I can get that in my hands I can lay one up and get her painted. Until then, I need nothing but your word that you want one. This is killin my progress on Geico hatches as well

Ill keep you posted
    Thanks
    Scott

Just an update. As I suspected. The fiberglass shop never ordered my epoxy topcoat. It now on its way and 7 to 10 days out. Until then I cant lay up any hatches.

hi scott this richard do not forget the hatch for me i will be up tomorow

Hey Rich, I thought you wanted it painted now? If so, its not yet painted and wont be ready. If you just want it white I will bring it. Let me know

i will take it white

I am finally at a point that I would like to order a plain white one. Just let me know when/where to send the money and I will get it to you.
    Thank you in advance
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by docsrcrepair View Post
    I am finally at a point that I would like to order a plain white one. Just let me know when/where to send the money and I will get it to you.
    Thank you in advance
    Rich
    Rich, and all other members. I called Fiberglass services AGAIN yesterday because I still have not seen my epoxy surface coat. Then I found out AGAIN, it had not been ordered. I told them exactly what I though of thier so called "buisness skills" and told them Id do anything in my power to get people not to shop there. So, I found a different supplier for about the same cost however I have to pay shipping on it now. And for those of you that use West systems epoxy, you already know that the prices on the epoxy itself only raised a couple percent, the hardener went up about 20%.

These factors being said, the prices for the hatches are now as follows:
    -White epoxy hatch ($40.00) plus shipping
    -Painted epoxy hatch, PPG base coat / clear coat custom color matched w/ black windhield $80.00 (plus shipping)

Sorry for any inconveniences. I just cannot keep the prices as they were w/ the rising expense of materials. Being a one man show, I cannot justify buying the materials in large bulk quantities at a slightly lower cost as most of it would go bad by the time I used it.

Hatches will be back in production Tuesday, January 25th. Rich, if your still interested, you are currently no. 3 on the "want list"

Thanks
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by docsrcrepair View Post
    Thank you in advance
    Rich
    And I just noticed that was your first post. Welcome to the forum

Hey Scott,
    No worries on my end, still a smokin' hatch at that price. I'm in no rush to get it as our ponds will be frozen for a few more months.
    Tom

I FINALLY got my surface coat yesterday. Should be able to start getting a couple layed up over the next few days.

Haw any pics of a geico hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by the5 View Post
    Haw any pics of a geico hatch?
    Nope, shes on the back burner. Ive got several BJ hatches to lay up and a boat, so they wont be out any time soon. I kinda lost interest in them w/ all the paint issues. I matched it, but only once. Ive got 55 bux in paint to match one hatch with constant trial and errors. Im not doing it again. If you want a white one, I can do it pretty quick, painted versions, I dont think are happening., but if you want one, wont be cheap. Will be a lot more than my BJ painted ones thats for sure.

Nice work! Makes the BJ26 look really nice!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast