Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Jack 26 epoxy hatch

Payment sent for two.
    Joe M

Default ED

Ed, your hatch is curing and will go out Wednesday or Thursday. I used a real automotive clear, rather than Duplicolor on this one... wow what a difference. It takes 24hrs to cure, I shot it this afternoon. May be best to wait until Thursday to pack it up just to be sure nothing happens to it.

Thanks a bunch,
    Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow! looks awsome! cant wait to get it! thanks scott

Thank you. I could probably mail it tomorrow, she feels pretty cured, but Id feel better waiting until Thurs. if thats ok w/ you. I just dont want any of the packing messing w/ it incase its still soft.

I still cant get over how much more shine is on it w/ this clear rather than the Duplicolr. Blows my mind.

I will try and get a pic of it tomorrow in the sunlight.. if/ when it comes out. I shoulda done that today but didnt think about it.

As always.....A great job! I can hardly wait to get mine out on the water. Need to put some flotation on mine first. I don't want to lose it. It really changes the look of the BJ26.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Thanks Mr Wilson! I cant wait for you to get it out there either. At the races this past weekend, I had mine out there, which is of course has a aftermarket paint scheme. Everyone who looked at it asked what kinda hull it was. When I told them, they all said "Really?" It does for sure change the look quite a bit.

I sent you a pm, I think its time

scott! got the hatch today! just wanna say it looks even better than in the picture. GREAT JOB! thanks again for all your hard work

Thank you Ed! Im always so nervous shipping them all done up. Glad it made it safely! Be sure to post us some pics when you get her on. Thanks again
    -Scott

EDIT: yeah I just looked at the pic... it doesnt do that clear justice at all....

Got them today all I can say is WOW! It's not the same boat it's better than I expected!
    I cant get over how it changes the hole boat. My wife asked me when I bought the new boats when I told her it was only new hatch's I had to show her the boat's with the stock hatch's to prove they were my BJ's I had before.Lol
    Great job!
    If your thinking about buying a new boat and you have a BJ buy one of these and you will be impressed with the look of your BJ with one of these!
    Joe M
    Annaheim,Sk
    Canada
    I have some work to do on the lower one I subbed it and it hit bottom and split it open.

I will take one next month I will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    I will take one next month I will let you know
    Sounds good. I will be laying a few up this week, so it will be ready.

Default I want one!!

OK, I'm ready to order a painted hatch w/graphics for the blackjack. How do I proceed!

Hey Scott. Thats all you needed to do. Unfortunately Im burning at both ends of the candle right now. The soonest I can have a painted one out is probably 2 - 3 weeks. I havent had a chance to lay any up. If your definitley interested, I will pull it closer to the front burner.

Thanks,
    Scott

I'm not in any hurry. Just let me know when you have one ready and I'll send you $$$. Thanks!!

These look awesome!! Where do I order one of these from? I have a nitro hull that I want to convert to electric but I broke the hatch a long time ago. Can you send me your paypal and a shipped price to 91710 for a plain white hatch, please?
    Thanks
    Rafael

Order from right here in the thread. Ive put you on my list of "hatches to get done asap".
    thanks for the compliment
    Scott

I am ready for one, do you have an window decals at all? I am not good masking, I would really just like to oaint it and apply a decal and done.

Nope, no window decals. I just mask and paint. I can paint the window if youd like for a minimal fee and leave the frame white. Then you can just mask one entire shape outline of the frame, rather than isolating one or the other or both.

I guess I could try to do it myself, can't ge good at it if you don't try Or how much would a window be?

There you go. If your not trying, your not learning. Heres a couple quick tips for you. For super clean lines and radius's, pick up some 1/4" pinstripe tape from the autoparts store. Or, pick up a roll of the blue 3M vinly mask tape. You can get it in several diferent sizes from ridiculously narrow to pretty wide. I found it at a local auto paint supply shop. It peels much more gently on painted surfaces since its tru detail mask. You can outline the window, or frame etc w/ it, the follow it w/ regular masking tape. I also use alot of the 1/4" tamiya mask from the LHS.

You could also try the spray mask you can also get at the LHS. I got some to try but have not experimented yet. You spray it on, let it dry, use an x-acto and cut out the areas you want to paint, peel it away, spray, the peel the rest of it off. Sounds like cool stuff. I just havent tried it yet.

About how much is shipping one one of these?

pm sent

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast