Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Send out more 700SC's

I'll do you one better. You can get the ammo motor and a 120amp esc for fewer than 100 bucks(+shipping). The only advantages with the AC system I see are this. The esc is prewater cooled, the system is a purpose build for marine apps, it’s plug n play & there is a better chance of getting factory assistance in the event of a defect. Either way organized racing is going to do away with the 700 class. It's a bummer but nothing can be done about it . Looks like it will take an extra 60 bucks to power the spec boats.

Its very simple to me. Either leave the classes alone OR everyone has $159.95 to spend on motor/esc as they see fit.

I agree. As we both know putting a system together that will stomp the AC system for under 160...Simple. I'll just be perpaird to toss it in the trash when I have a problem...like I do now.

Im going to contact Tower on the exact warranty/repair options of the SV power package. Might shed a little light on the matter. :D

Smart move . Could you imagine if they wont suport it if used in any other hull besides the SV...

i have a om26 with sc700 motor set up and i have another om26 with a sv27 set up, and i can tell you that the sv27 set up is superior. the sc700 does not have the torque that the sv27 has away from the corners,
    since i purchased the sv27 set up 3 months ago, i do not run the sc700 (4 months old) unless it is a special club day, the brushless motor is easier to set up, easy for a water jacket, no caps for the motor, and it is lighter than the sc700 motor.
    i will never be buying another sc700 motor, the new bl technology is just better.

John
    This is what I wanted to see. I'm assuming you used props that were ideal for each motor. I doubt the same prop would be ideal for both. Did you measure any speeds?

Coincidentally I also have a OVM26 that I'm running a Graupner 8.4V in. I measured speeds from 30.1 mph to 32.5 mph depending on what prop I used. The GPS was a heavy full sized hand held unit so speeds would probably be a bit higher without it. Acceleration was also significantly affected with different props. The point of this is it is necessary to match a prop to a motor to get the most out of it.

Right now I have this boat and an LSH with brushed setups that I've already spent $300 on and hardly used. Next year will probably be the last year for brushed motors in our club. This is the problem I have with the change to a brushless system that's marginally better at best.

Greg

Well folks I went from talk with tower that ended up at hobbico. The bottom line.. no warranty or repair options for a cooked AQ esc. They did say it may be possible to get a replacment for half of msrp which is $99.00. lol

Default just wondering

Hey guys have you tried the stock SV 27 prop on a 700 powered OM26, a guy in our club (h20camel) did and that thing flat screamed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozie870 View Post
    Jeepers, thats great news, hope to see you at the next fun run, assuming we dont get snowed out for the year!!
    Hopefully!!! hmm all my boats are stripped to bare hull for paint!

this weekend we are supposed to get a MASSIVE snow storm (so I heard) there saying 20" to 30 inches of snow! (I guess)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12