Thread: Anyone get a 40mm prop W/ theirs??

Default Anyone get a 40mm prop W/ theirs??

Venom advertises the p-1 mono with a 40mm plastic prop. Their website sells a 40mm plastic prop for the p-1. But when I got mine, it came with 2-36mm plastic props from the c-1 cat. E-mailed Jason @ venom and he tells me the 36mm is the right prop and the extreme cavitation from the start is normal. I think this is a bunch of I just was wondering if anyone else got the right prop. I'm thinking they didn't have the right props so they threw in the 36mm props just to get the boats shipped out in a hurry.

I've been told they say that's their 40mm prop. I guess they don't know how to use a measuring device!!!
    I put a x640 on mine, wakes that boat right up!! Hardly any cavitation with that prop. Temps are around 110-120 degrees. I've also used a plastic 42mm prop from my Rio EP. Works ok as well. And cheap with no balancing.
    There's a vid on you tube. Resolution sucks, but you can still tell.
    Search "venom p1" and you'll find it. If you haven't already.

I didn't even put the stock prop on, I went straight with an x640 and it runs just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    I've been told they say that's their 40mm prop. I guess they don't know how to use a measuring device!!!
    I put a x640 on mine, wakes that boat right up!! Hardly any cavitation with that prop. Temps are around 110-120 degrees. I've also used a plastic 42mm prop from my Rio EP. Works ok as well. And cheap with no balancing.
    There's a vid on you tube. Resolution sucks, but you can still tell.
    Search "venom p1" and you'll find it. If you haven't already.
    The size is stamped on the prop hub.