Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bare Genesis and Apparition Hulls

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Those guys are nutz!

I raced a Ducati 848 and a 1000 Desmodue.
    very nice!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by RCKong View Post
    Then U must of caught a few races at the speedway...
    Actually it's the east horseshoe that ended my career.

Got run over.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    Dam,,i already orderd mine and its going to be my first,,,you mean i could have gottin drilling templates for it,,,so whats the carbon layed with''epoxy'' or something else??
    Actually, there's drill templates already available. Thanks to RayR!
    http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/s...plate-t28.html

How about this? I'll ship the kits with vinyl decal templates.
    For those with CAD like capabilities 41x26 & 20x12 - 3mm holes

http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/d...file.php?id=41
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 12-03-2010 at 11:51 PM.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

41X26 and 20X12. If thats the MM distance, and 3mm holes. Heres a PDF

Yes, just checked the HOTR hardware that comes on the Genesis/ Apparition. The 20/12 fits it perfecto
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    41X26 and 20X12. If thats the MM distance, and 3mm holes. Heres a PDF
    Actually the 41x26 is the outer rectangle, but the 20x12 spacing on the 3mm works. =)

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Fixed
    Yep. That's it!

Now for some stinger mounts.

Cool but as im thinking of it what is the CF hull made with,, i no some glues,epoxies,etc, dont work wright with CF...But i will be getting the twin stingers for it when you have them ready!!!

How about this? I'll ship the kits with vinyl decal templates.
    For those with CAD like capabilities 41x26 & 20x12 - 3mm holes

http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/d...file.php?id=41
    Here's for the 70mm stingers (the black ones)
    http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/d...file.php?id=42

Hey when do the hulls ship out im waiting!!!!! Well trying to...

Hey when do the hulls ship out im waiting!!!!! Well trying to...
    Customs is backed up according to EMS, we're all waiting. Rest assured, they are on their way. =)

New update... They had to be re-packed and have now been shipped, again. Something about carbon fibers and the scanners and how they were packed. I dunno, but they are EMS so fingers crossed they'll be here in the next few days.

ervice Type: Transshipment WWC Document Items
    Origin Country: China
    Origin Exchange/Post Office: Singapore

Shipment History

Destination Country: USA
    Recipient Name:

Date and Time Location Status Reason
    11/12/2010 14:06
    Shipments in transit from Origin

Dealing with overseas companies is a feat. Language barriers, cultural incompatibilities and general mis communications are all part of the challenges that arise unexpectedly. Thanks for being patient. =)

Default hardware order

hi fightercat i will be placing an order tomorrow hope you got escs hrdware motors remained; looks like they are moving very fast,good business.

New update... They had to be re-packed and have now been shipped, again. Something about carbon fibers and the scanners and how they were packed. I dunno, but they are EMS so fingers crossed they'll be here in the next few days.

ervice Type: Transshipment WWC Document Items
    Origin Country: China
    Origin Exchange/Post Office: Singapore

Shipment History

Destination Country: USA
    Recipient Name:

Date and Time Location Status Reason
    11/12/2010 14:06
    Shipments in transit from Origin

Dealing with overseas companies is a feat. Language barriers, cultural incompatibilities and general mis communications are all part of the challenges that arise unexpectedly. Thanks for being patient. =)
    WOW, EMS is BUSY!

Class: Express Mail International®

Your item left SINGAPORE EMS, SINGAPORE on December 17, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Foreign International Dispatch, December 17, 2010, 7:58 pm, SINGAPORE EMS, SINGAPORE
    Foreign Acceptance, December 17, 2010, 6:58 pm, SINGAPORE

Well, it sure is a start thats for sure Ben.

Carl

Hulls arrived today! MMmmmmm Carbon Fiber.... Yummy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn that's cool!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Killer Ben!
    Catching Air!

SWEET when will we get owers....

SWEET when will we get owers....
    You should already have tracking info at your pp email. Going out with this mornings mail.

Got my CF hull a few days ago and looks cool,,but the inside""""" what sealer do i need for it, i want to keep the carbon look so what can i seal it with thats clear and stronge?????

Got my CF hull a few days ago and looks cool,,but the inside""""" what sealer do i need for it, i want to keep the carbon look so what can i seal it with thats clear and stronge?????
    Clear Rustoleum acrylic enamel should work well. Although, there's probably something better that someone here might be able to suggest.

OK,,do you no what the hull was made with epoxy,poyester,etc.?????

It doesn't matter what the hull was made from if you use epoxy! Thin it with denatured alcohol (NOT the stuff from walgreens, etc. that is isopropyl and contains water!)

Thin it to a consistency suitable for brushing. Don't overdo it! I use at least 30 minute epoxy so it has time to flow out. It will be strong and clear.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I have two part 30 min epoxy,,,can i thin it with acytone i have a can of that,,,or is that to agresive..
    PS is the Acrylic enamel paint stronger then the Lacqur....

Default finishing

Fightercat, you have access to different hulls they make. Take one of the carbon genesis hulls and one of the gelcoated glass hulls. Smell them and see if you can tell a difference. I have a bad nose, and can not tell the difference between the two if the hulls are old. If newer, you can smell it. Also, try wiping it down with rag with some acetone on it. Epoxy should not be phased, but newer polyester might feel a little tacky afterwards.

Also try to compare the colors. I know the carbon boats are black, but see if the resin looks clearer than the gelcoat boats.

The boats in question should be epoxy! As I have mentioned in the past, people think of composites as containing two parts, but it is really three. The fabrics are treated with a binder to help the resin bind to the fabric. Carbon fiber is only compatible with epoxy resins, matt with polyester resins; kevlar, eglass and sglass with either (typically!).

Epoxy can be used over either of them, but the first thing I would do would be to scuff it up and wipe it down with acetone. You want that surface really clean and rough so the next layer of epoxy bonds to it really well.

Now, this is my personal opinion following, and worth twice what you paid for it! You want to attach items securely to the hull, especially the motor mount. Before doing anything to smooth out the inside of the hull, I would attach these items. Anything you put between the base layup resin and the epoxy to hold in these items is a weak link. I am amazed when i take apart a used boat at how easy things come out of them. People actually epoxy in an item after the inside of the hull was painted! yeah, the epoxy might be strong, but how much adhesion does that paint have? Remember, epoxy is a mechanical bond. Give it a good surface, and it is incredibly strong. But even epoxy will pop right out of a mold since it is waxed!

So, I would just scuff the surface, clean it and epoxy in the things you want. I also do not use the hobby epoxy for that, it comes out rather easy. I use a laminating resin that I thicken with glass fibers or kevlar pulp - very strong. I do not have experience with 30 minute epoxy vs the 5 minute hobby stuff. Why get 30 minute epoxy when I have a gallon of laminating resin?

Why do you want to coat the inside of the hull anyways? leave the nice carbon look. If you want it shiny, then I would brush on laminating resin. I use the epoxy from UScomposites.com and it works great. People love to rave about the west systems, and it is good, but it is very pricey. If you are just brushing it on as a sealer, either will work just fine. The Qt kit of west is about $45, the USC is 1/2 that.

if you use a paint on the inside, I am afraid you limit the future bond strength of anything you attach to the hull unless you are using a very strong two part paint. besides, you are just adding weight after buying a carbon fiber hull?!?!?!?!?! Why????

also watch the sunlight exposure. Epoxy is not UV stabilized and sunlight can damage it. so only run that hull in the dark!!! nah, who stores thier RC boat outside in the sunlight? The small amount of exposure they get while running should not effect it at all, that is more for large things that spend thier lives outside like full size boats and cars, but then they are usually painted or protected someway.

Hope this helps, PM replied to fightercat.

brian

WOW!!!!! FC Has the best customer service on the planet!!
    Order from him!!

Thanks again Ben!

Sorry for blowing up this little issue guys i just wanted to make sure i used the wright stuff to make this thing as purdy inside as the outside!!!!.

Are there any Genesis hulls still available?
    Greg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast