Thread: 2 Batts, 2 ESCs, 1 reciever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 Batts, 2 ESCs, 1 reciever

Setting up a twin electric boat. I have two batteries, two ESCs and one receiver. I planned to use a servo splitter so I can control both motors simultaneously.

I am powering the receiver with the ESCs. My concern is this. Will combining both ESCs with the splitter double the input voltage to the receiver and fry it?

In a word, YES! I would highly recommend disabling the BEC's in both ESC's and adding an onboard battery for the receiver/servo. As an alternative, on twin motor setups in airplanes, the BEC of ONE of the esc's is disabled when using a Y connector to the throttle channel of the receiver. Only ONE BEC is needed to run the receiver and servo.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

YES I agree 100% with what sailr said... just disable both bec's and run a rxr pack.... you will have alot less heartache......

Would not just pulling the red wire out of the plug that goes to one reciever work ?
    It would be alot easier in his light duty scale boat he is building

Quote Originally Posted by eboat View Post
    Would not just pulling the red wire out of the plug that goes to one reciever work ?
    It would be alot easier in his light duty scale boat he is building
    Red wire from ESC A cannot touch red wire from ESC B. So red wire needs to be disconnected on either A or B on the ESC or Y splitter before the join.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Red wire from ESC A cannot touch red wire from ESC B. So red wire needs to be disconnected on either A or B on the ESC or Y splitter before the join.

That is what I said take the red wire out that goes to one ESC

Ok that was my question. So just cut the red wire going to the receiver from one of the ESCs?

These are the ESCs I'm using. They have a built in switch also.
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=dh-prb2314

These ESCs have brown-red-orange wires. So take out the red (center) of one of the ESCs?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
    These ESCs have brown-red-orange wires. So take out the red (center) of one of the ESCs?
    Yep. Center Red of one ESC.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Perfect, thanks guys! I didn't want to have to carry another battery in the boat.

Making progress on the build, check for updates in the boat building thread within the next day or so.