Thread: SeaKing Timing.

Default SeaKing Timing.

Okay Heres a question i hope will get a few good responses. Can you OVER TIME Like have the timing set to high on in and out runner motors? Can you retard them to the point they will not run? Or does it really matter how high the timing is set? Not sure about timing electrics unless its a Egg timer.
    I believe it's my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight. Cause it never gets dull, it never gets old. The only thing it gets is more bold. Drinkin', fightin', going to the game. In our world it's a way to stay sane. If you're asking me. To have it my way, I'd say that's One fine day. ---- The Offspring

most people start lower like 0 and work up to 15 degrees in my experience.If you go too far you will lose torque and thats not good

Cool

Few motors will run well at zero timing advance, most need at least 4-5 degrees. Some run best at 15-20 degrees. It depends on the amount of wire in the motor and the load placed on the motor....the more load, the more timing is needed. All will at least turn over at 0 degrees but some will run hotter there than at 10-15 degrees. You will gain power/rpm by advancing up to a point - you don't "lose" torque. Past a certain advance all that happens is excess heat is generated. Again, it depends on the motor and load.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Awesome Fluid! That is the info i was looking for. You hit the nail on the head.
    Thanks
    I believe it's my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight. Cause it never gets dull, it never gets old. The only thing it gets is more bold. Drinkin', fightin', going to the game. In our world it's a way to stay sane. If you're asking me. To have it my way, I'd say that's One fine day. ---- The Offspring

You said OUTRUNNER in your message. As a general rule, Outrunner motors run at higher timing settings than inrunner motors. 15-20 degrees is pretty normal for an outrunner. Timing for inrunners can go anywhere from 0 to 15 degrees, depending on the motor.

Outrunners will not run worth a hoot at less than 15 degrees!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yeah all Outrunners require more timing then an inrunner. My Outrunners are all timed at like 15.2 or something like that i dont remember off hand. I just wanted to make sure i can retard my inrunners to the point of just being crappy. Easier to let my little people drive them and not have to worry about them smashing the shoreline at 60.

My surge crusher on 0 timing with the turnigy 180 amp esc and typhoon. Went on to 15 ,and to be honest, maybe I feelt it as a bit smoother on the throttle curve,but it was fast and fun all the way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/maxsolli.../1/F7wMY_t6cL8