Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks PS295 prototype tunnel

Count me as one of the people getting more and more excited about this too!

Mark

sign me up for one

i think my stiletto is for sale now lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I'm glad I waited Mike
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

oh ya what motor are you using in the tests?

Get in line guys! Woo Hoo!!!!!!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ok standing outside waiting in line

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I'm glad I waited Mike
    I'm glad I put my faith in Mike the first minute he told me about this project!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i gotta butt in here Ive never owned a wooden boat just looked at them online i have to say from a bigger company like the dumas hotshot and such, your boat their looks like it surpasses in quality and cleanliness for sure brotha i might have to pick one up after these guys lol!

Mike's stuff looks even better in person than on the web.

Thanks guys. Well, I am armed with a cupped 42x55, a sharper and better scuffed ride pad, and probably a pond with no ice so I can run it out all the way! Hopefully even better results will be coming soon! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Any certain outboard you recommend for this boat. I've been looking at the REK and the Hyper Bullet. I'm having a hard time finding anything on or anyone selling the OS and K&B ones. Probably going to use the UL-1 motor same as you since I have a brand new one sitting here on the shelf.
    Mark

also would the Proboat outboard work?
    cuz I have one with no boat attached to it...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Any certain outboard you recommend for this boat. I've been looking at the REK and the Hyper Bullet. I'm having a hard time finding anything on or anyone selling the OS and K&B ones. Probably going to use the UL-1 motor same as you since I have a brand new one sitting here on the shelf.
    Mark
    You can get the OS lower unit at Tower Hobbies for about $150.00 - it's hard to find unless you do a search though.

Thanks for the help guys. Is the OS any or that much better then the REK. I know that one is metal and the other carbon fiber. What are the pros/cons of each. I posted in the general section the other day under "outboards" if you want to respond there so we don't hijack Mikes thread. Thanks

Mark

Well, the OS is what I designed the hull around, and the OS has the easiest adjustablity, and the propshaft is worlds better than the K&B style the REK uses. Not having to adjust steering cables when adjusting prop angle is the best thing ever!

OK!!!! So....I ran 3 more packs threw this jewel, and let me tell you, the more I run it, the more impressed I get. It was 3-4inch rolling waves with a 12-15mph wind and the boat handled it great. I am still trying to figure out why this boat steers so great. Fast, medium, slow, tight or loose turn, it just goes where you want it. Best thing is, this hull doesnt need stumble pads so that means the aerodynamics and hydrodynamics are working together really well. I am so happy right now and feel very confident in this boats race future. I actually had rough water and wind today, and calmer winds with slight ripple between packs and the boat just did well. I put my wifes VS-1 FE in, and tho it handles well with the mods I did to the ride pads, the boat just slaps around on the waves and will kick side to side due to rough water. It really proved to me just how much better this new PS295 is going to be. I really cannot wait to get back up to Cheasapeake, VA to run this on the ODMBA club lake. Anyways, I am excited.

Well, I guess I need to get a tenative list together for one of these hulls. I will start building in a couple weeks as I have to order some more kits from my laser guy.

1)Diegoboy
    2)Dick Loeb
    3)ron1950
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Mike, will the Proboat outboard work on this sweet hull?

Im sure it will, just might be a heavy lower unit. I have not weighed one against an OS, but as long as you get the COG to 8.6" from the back of sponson I think it will be fine. It seems to really like that, and about 1 degree of positive in the propshaft, with the bottom of the bullet 1/16" above the bottom of the ride pad. Theres your setup sheet! haha

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Im sure it will, just might be a heavy lower unit. I have not weighed one against an OS, but as long as you get the COG to 8.6" from the back of sponson I think it will be fine. It seems to really like that, and about 1 degree of positive in the propshaft, with the bottom of the bullet 1/16" above the bottom of the ride pad. Theres your setup sheet! haha
    Put me on the list bro!

Mike put me on the list after Brushless55 please.
    Thanks,
    Mark

1)Diegoboy
    2)Dick Loeb
    3)ron1950
    4Brushless55
    5)marko500

There will be a $50 deposit upon my start of the kits. I will be ordering 3 kits to start with, and build 3 at a time. Once those 3 are done, I will work on the next 3 kits. I will get up with the first 3 people soon! Mike

Well, the OS is what I designed the hull around, and the OS has the easiest adjustablity, and the propshaft is worlds better than the K&B style the REK uses. Not having to adjust steering cables when adjusting prop angle is the best thing ever!

OK!!!! So....I ran 3 more packs threw this jewel, and let me tell you, the more I run it, the more impressed I get. It was 3-4inch rolling waves with a 12-15mph wind and the boat handled it great. I am still trying to figure out why this boat steers so great. Fast, medium, slow, tight or loose turn, it just goes where you want it. Best thing is, this hull doesnt need stumble pads so that means the aerodynamics and hydrodynamics are working together really well. I am so happy right now and feel very confident in this boats race future. I actually had rough water and wind today, and calmer winds with slight ripple between packs and the boat just did well. I put my wifes VS-1 FE in, and tho it handles well with the mods I did to the ride pads, the boat just slaps around on the waves and will kick side to side due to rough water. It really proved to me just how much better this new PS295 is going to be. I really cannot wait to get back up to Cheasapeake, VA to run this on the ODMBA club lake. Anyways, I am excited.
    Hey cybercrxt
    Just a note iv never run ride pads on any of my hulls and never felt the need to.
    Anyway great job and sweet build.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 01-02-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

1)Diegoboy
    2)Dick Loeb
    3)ron1950
    4Brushless55
    5)marko500

There will be a $50 deposit upon my start of the kits. I will be ordering 3 kits to start with, and build 3 at a time. Once those 3 are done, I will work on the next 3 kits. I will get up with the first 3 people soon! Mike

Just got done updating the CAD file with some new tricks to help with the build, and structure, and some weight reduction techniques, even tho it really doesn't need it! I am also trying to decide if anyone would be interested in the rear of the sponson top having my "ML Boatworks" logo laser etched into the wood? Would anyone like that? Mike

Would the logo look like the one in the first picture but moved out to the sponson top? Do you have or can you get any kind of graphic of how it would actually look, even just a drawing. I might be interested since I was only going to do mine in a clear coat anyways.

Mark

That laser etch could look sweet!

You know, the more I think about it, I don't know if I want to do this as some may get tired of the laser etch. I might do something on the radio box hatch so its hidden till the cowling is removed. What ya think? MIke

If not your logo what about the name of the boat laser etched on the sponsons?
    "ML Boatworks 295" or something like that.

Mark

You know, the more I think about it, I don't know if I want to do this as some may get tired of the laser etch. I might do something on the radio box hatch so its hidden till the cowling is removed. What ya think? MIke
    Most OEM's have a tag inside if any.

either is fine with me mike

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast