Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks PS295 prototype tunnel

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mike, what size outboard would be needed for this boat. Also, can you give a ballpark price on this hull built. Thanks,

Mark

Something along the lines of an OS 21 (3.5)
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What will these hulls sell for? At some point in time I would like to do a FE F-1 hull.

I see laser cutting marks... Could there be a WOF tunnel kit in the works?

Not sure yet about the price, or if I will offer a kit. If someone doesnt know how to cut the foam properly, the kit would be worthless! Here is the built hull, epoxing the exterior will probably start tomorrow! Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

There are foam cutting companies out there.

Or you could have your laser cutter make some ply templates and you can hotwire each block of foam for a kit. Do you cut it that way for the boats yourself or do you cut the foam once it is sheeted on a few sides?

I do agree that making a hotwire bow a mandatory tool for a kit is a bad idea though. Not too many have those, though they are easy to make.

How about a laser cut kit with instructions on how to cut the foam yourself (offer templates you can print off) or an extra fee to get pre-cut pieces from a CNC foam cutter place (CompuFoam-Core is one, but there are many).

Jon

I really think the easiest thing to do is just build them, that way I know they are what they should be when they leave me! I have the hull epoxied twice, motor is fitted, and in the next day, I plan to finish rigging, then unrigging, clear coating, and testing! Pics soon, just been lazy! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

If you're lazy Mike, I must be comatose.

Looking great Mike!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Mike, in what state are you going to be offering these. Just bare wood, epoxy coated, complete sanded and ready for paint, etc. The more I see this boat the more I like it!

Mark

Thanks guys. It will be offered built, with cowl, and 2 coats of west system epoxy. Any further finishing will raise the price. I really want to offer this boat around $240 plus exact shipping since other boats like woodstuff are around $330 plus shipping for woodstuffs 30". Mike

An idea when your going to start taking orders/ selling these.

Mark

Mark, I will get this tested in the coming week and then discuss that more. I just don't want to sell something that I would not run. I have worked to hard on a decent reputaion to put out junk! Right now Danny is first on the list, then it gets a little blurry after that. Mike

No problem our water is a little hard right now. I have a good 3-4 months before a boat hits the water around here. I've been looking at yours and the one Randy at BBY has. As I said before I've got a couple builds or should I say rebuild/ updates going on now and trying to figure how much I need in the boat budget for one of these. Your boats are definitely works of art! Thanks for putting up with all my questions I realize you've been really busy.
    Mark

No doubt, wish it would at least warm up some here so my hands don't freeze while driving the boat! Here are some new pics. Might clearcoat tomorrow depending on the weather. Enjoy, Mike

BTW, I have absolutely no problem with answering questions! I want people to know the product!

Very nice Mike! I like the sponson ride pads....

Who is making your cowls for you?

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Kent, Its just the very simple, durable, and cheaply replaceable Dumas 3.5 hotshot cowling. As much as I love glass cowlings, the simplicity of this cowling, and ease of fitment and replacement just keeps catching my eye, so I will use it with my hull! Mike

I thought it looked familiar...I used to have a Dumas ABS Hotshot Sprint 3.5...

Very cool...nice and simple!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Man Mike talk about waving a carrot in front of a jackass. You keep putting up pictures of this beauty and it's making me want one more and more. I think it would be kind of a shame to paint over that beautiful wood. Reminds me of the boat they had at my cousins cottage up north where we used to go for vacation every summer when I was a kid. I'm waiting for a check to come in the next couple of weeks and then I may be telling you to put me on the waiting list.
    Keep the pics and updates coming!

Mark

Mike I have been quietly observing this thread and I must say I am IMPRESSED !! Have you ran the modified version yet ?? Very nice work mate.

looks great i have to start saveing my money for sure.....right now i am in negative numbers lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Mike is gonna make me get divorced lol I dont need another tunnel I dont need another tunnel I do need another tunnel I do need another tunnel lol. I wont steal Dannys thunder but after hes ran his for a bit I think I am going to have to snatch one of these up!

Quote Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
    Mike is gonna make me get divorced lol I dont need another tunnel I dont need another tunnel I do need another tunnel I do need another tunnel lol. I wont steal Dannys thunder but after hes ran his for a bit I think I am going to have to snatch one of these up!
    I thought you didn't like tunnels? You now have two and are looking at a third.

depends on how far ahead of me you are when the race is over lol

Thank you for the exciting text msg Mike. I AM more excited that you by far!

This looks fast!
    nice job
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Well, all I can say is wow, had a blast today running 4 packs threw this! Today was a test day, messing with trims, couple props, and COG. Got it dialed in really well with a sharpened 42X55. Boat turned like a dream, and gps'ed down the straights at 48mph. Funny thing, I have not even added stumble pads and It turned nicer than any other tunnel I have owned! I then added my saw prop, a 45mm ABC, and with no tuning and that 2.2oz GPS pulled at 52.7mph run with no tuning. I am going to get a new prop done up to get it in heat trim around 52mph. The best part was no chopping threw the turns and NO porpose whatsoever. I will be out there again tomorrow to do more testing$ really excited right now! Mike

Sweet!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast