Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ML Boatworks PS295 prototype tunnel

Default ML Boatworks PS295 prototype tunnel

Please note: All wood over foam tunnel kits have been discontinued, but the new frame design kits are now available. See www.mlboatworksrc.com for more info! All other ML Boatworks kits are still available as well. Thanks, Mike

This is the PS295 ML Boatworks Tunnel page. This thread started out as another boat I was building, so look threw the pages to see the boat pictured below as it went from a prototype, to full on build. There is a waiting list, you will have to find it towards the later pages. There are also a few videos of it running around page 12-16 area. Thanks, Mike

Setup info page 17.

Last edited by cybercrxt; 10-28-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Awesome! Please put my name on the waiting list!!

What are you going to name it Mike?
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So is this going to be a Laser Kit also?
    How long is it?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Mike what size is this tunnel...looks alot like my tunnel I got from you?

Hey guys, right now, the boat is 31", I am going to reduce it back to about 29.75". I am doing that because with a spec power system, I want to keep the weight down. The extra length will not help that goal. The prototype in the pics ran about 48.5mph on a UL-1 setup. I want that number around 52mph on the same setup. While this boat may look a lot like the Woodstuffs I run now, it is very very different. The aerodynamics (top decks) are COMPLETELY different. My self, and Dick Loeb did the design work on this, and it is based off our 49" gas tunnel. The thing I will be redoing is the angle of attack on the sponson bottoms and overall length when I redo the design. Another thing you will notice..the radio box is a full integrated design ready for FE..not an afterthought design. When I do finally release this so to speak, I want it right, not excuses! lol. This hull will have parts of it laser cut yes, but I will be offering it as a built wood over foam hull ready for your paint. My other problem is TIME!!!! haha. That is one reason this got pushed back. The laser cut 1/8th hydroplane scale kits have been killing my time. I think its gonna slack off some...but heck, I keep telling myself that, but its only gotten busier! Anyways, Hope that answers some questions! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Your sealer/clear looks great, are you using West Systems?

Thanks
    Mike

Yup, I use West Systems, then put 2k Automotive Urethane clear on all my wood hulls. Mike

Thats a work of art!!

Very nice Mike!! I like how the radio box is already "done" for FE users! I also like how there is one tube for the motor wires instead of three...nice! The "baitbox" is a great idea!! Do the woodstuff tunnels already have them? Can't remember seeing that....

Hmmm...I have west sytems, I have 2K spray, I have an OS lower, adapter, UL-1 motor and ESC, but...I still need a tunnel...hmmmmm......
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 10-07-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Mike thats a killer looking boat! I'm sure it handles like a dream!!
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Any thought on what name you're going to give it?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You build some of the sweetest tunnels I've seen. Any idea how much this kit is going to cost?

I spot a mono in the first pic.. Never thought I would see one of those in your photos.

Lol, yeah, that mono is not mine. I actually don't have one now. I had a cyberstorm 32, ran it at one race, and got rid of it. Didn't enjoy it!

The tunnel will just be called the ML Boatworks 30 most likely. No cheesey names like "Cobra"...I freaking hate that name! So weird.

Mike

Mike, I know you're busy, but is there any news or updates??

Yeah c'mon man get off your duff and give us an update.
    Get busy and kit this thing out!!!
    I did ole Herb proud with my Stealth it's time to drive on.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Lol, in due time guys, in due time...

Mikes got some SAW work to do in a few weeks so he can keep Doug busy.

I got a some wedge style recovery pads to test out on the Woodstuff on Saturday Mike. I'll let you know if it's an improvement.

Good Luck in Elizabeth City!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Mikes got some SAW work to do in a few weeks so he can keep Doug busy.

I got a some wedge style recovery pads to test out on the Woodstuff on Saturday Mike. I'll let you know if it's an improvement.

Good Luck in Elizabeth City!!!
    Oh yeah..............................
    I guess I'll get his paperwork done "in due time".
    Finally, a benefit for doing this job. LOL

Break a keel Mike!!!

Doug

PS Should I PM you my address??
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I think I just became a Tunnel fan! That is beautiful!

I can't wait! My OS lower unit is waiting for this one.

Mike, I think the waiting list for this may have grown!

Yeah, I have a couple people interested in the new design. My first laser cut kit for the tunnel should be here thursday! More updates and build pics soon. This is going to be a completely new design from what you saw at the start of this thread. Instead of the boat being 31", which it originally was, its going to be 29.5", and all the extra weight removed. Its going to be a slimmer, leaner, better running tunnel that should thrive with P-spec setups. More soon! Mike

Mike please add an extra 20 lbs of lead in dannys boat so i have a fighting chance this season lol

The first laser cut parts kit came today for the new tunnel design!!!! Mike

Get in line Jim! (Sailr)

Got started on the build this afternoon! Center section is already DONE! Super clean fitment with everything being laser cut. Should have done things this way from day one! I should have most of the sponsons done in the next couple days. Will post pics as soon as the center former is dry. Mike

Awesome Mike! Do you ever take a break??

NO DANNY I DON'T!!!!! My eyes are red, my spirit is broken, but I must continue on, continue on for my thread followers!!!! haha. I just came in, got the foam cut out for the sponsons, got it epoxied to the frame, and now it shall dry over night, and tomorrow, oh sweet tomorrow, I will continue on!

Did that sound dramatic enough??? lol.

Pics in the morning! Mike

Oh man I have to get one of these. Looks like I'd better start saving up for this one now. Beautiful boat Mike, put me down as one of your loyal followers of this thread!

Mark

OK, here are some pics of the new ML Boatworks 295. This is really different than the hull on the front page. As you can see, not done yet, but coming along. I am gluing the non trips right now, that only leaves the ride pad and top decks for the build portion. Enjoy, Mike

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast