Thread: best brushless set-up for rio ep ?

Post best brushless set-up for rio ep ?

looking for good run times on ni-mh or 2s or 3s lipo? does anybuddy know what is hyrulejedi86 set-up to date ? it looked good !
    not shore what his esc was ?
    any input will help !
    thanks !
    Last edited by lenny; 10-16-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: help

well thats still to be determined. Most of us are still testing and from what i see there is no one brushless system that everyone agrees is the best for the Rio. we are getting closer but it looks like its going to be a combo of brushless system and prop. i am testing a new setup today, 60a water cooled esc paired up with a 2900kv motor and stock prop. i hope to get decent results, we will see.
    The Brushless crew!
    Losi Ten SCTE/Team Associated SC10/Axial Exo Terra/Apparition Offshore Brushless

HA!! THANKS FOR SOME INPUT!
    I am still playing with stock setup.
    My stock esc fried, but i got a new stock one and put on top of motor and cooling coil.
    It staying cool for now, and the water getting colder now fall is hear.
    I will be brushless soon, looking at 2s may be 3s not shore on setup yet.

Thanks for all input.

well i just got back from testing and have some good news and bad.lol I think over all it was a success but adjustments are necessary. The Rio has really good speed id say mid 20's. It does suffer from torque roll but not terrible, i am adjusting trim tabs and adding some self adhesive lead weights to help. i didn't finish testing because i literally ran into a snag.lol Just when i was getting everything under control i ran over a stick and it took out my shaft. i will report back when i get it back in the water.
    The Brushless crew!
    Losi Ten SCTE/Team Associated SC10/Axial Exo Terra/Apparition Offshore Brushless