Thread: 2010 Clearwater, FL Superboat Dry Pits pics

Default 2010 Clearwater, FL Superboat Dry Pits pics

Went to the Dry pits Saturday and got a few shots. Unfortunately I didnt make the races today, but did listen to the live broadcast. Just wasnt the same though.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

More

And more...

This is when you have too much money. Check out the speakers and flat screeen under the hatch of this boat. And it had twin 1200 HP Mercs that each have twin super chargers.... ridiculous.

Cool

Speakers smeakers, check out those hinges!

You can never have too much money or too many friends.....
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    And more...

This is when you have too much money. Check out the speakers and flat screeen under the hatch of this boat. And it had twin 1200 HP Mercs that each have twin super chargers.... ridiculous.
    Yeah, that guy has his brain plugged in backwards. One really hard landing and that flat screen is going to break into a million pieces, and those 1200's are going to have a healthy diet of broken glass....

Tom

That's a Statement boat. A fairly new boat company. I got the chance to ride in their first boat at a poker run. We went 122mph and it was the smoothest ride. I think the TV Screens and Speakers are just sort of an attention getter, they had another one that had a hot tub built in.

Quote Originally Posted by tborisch View Post
    Yeah, that guy has his brain plugged in backwards. One really hard landing and that flat screen is going to break into a million pieces, and those 1200's are going to have a healthy diet of broken glass....

Tom
    Trust me, it isn't the first time something like that has been done. I think they've got it figured out. Glass??? I'd be more worried about heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Trust me, it isn't the first time something like that has been done. I think they've got it figured out. Glass??? I'd be more worried about heat.
    Heat will only temporarly white out the display, but it will recover. But there is glass in that display, and given a good enough pounding it will come out.

I developed LCD displays for a while, and they aren't built to be shaken, especially when layed flat.

Tom