Thread: 3M Dual lock

Default 3M Dual lock

Im not sure if anyone else out there has used this stuff but its incredible when it comes to mounting things where velcro would otherwise be the only other option. Its expensive, but well worth it. I think it would be a great product for OSE to stock. Its higher strength (I think 4X or more that of velcro) allows for mounting of esc's, batteries, and just about anything else in positions that velcro wont allow. You can even stick batteries to the inner sides of your boat with this stuff and they wont move. Very handy in boats with flood chambers where room is at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Im not sure if anyone else out there has used this stuff but its incredible when it comes to mounting things where velcro would otherwise be the only other option. Its expensive, but well worth it. I think it would be a great product for OSE to stock. Its higher strength (I think 4X or more that of velcro) allows for mounting of esc's, batteries, and just about anything else in positions that velcro wont allow. You can even stick batteries to the inner sides of your boat with this stuff and they wont move. Very handy in boats with flood chambers where room is at a minimum.
    Cool item. Have you had an issues with it being to strong? Having to cause issues with hull flexing upon removal?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Is there a pic of it? Where do you get it? Etc. etc. etc. ?? Some of the super duty stuff holds things toooo good. Can't get it off without tearing off the adhesive or the side of the boat! ;-)
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Is there a pic of it? Where do you get it? Etc. etc. etc. ?? Some of the super duty stuff holds things toooo good. Can't get it off without tearing off the adhesive or the side of the boat! ;-)
    Tell me about it, this Sunday one of my battery mount broke in half because of dual lock.

Not sure I want to use that stuff for my batteries anymore...

Got mine at Staples.

Default dual lock

Been using dual lock for some time on my helis. Typically use less than half the amount I would use for velcro and/or remove a couple of rows. This stuff is overkill so trimming the rows just dials it in. On flexible surfaces secure it with epoxy and the sticky back. Radio shack has it all the time.