Thread: 4mm flex shaft with stock stuffing tube??

Default 4mm flex shaft with stock stuffing tube??

Hey guys....

Does anyone know if a 4mm flex shaft will work with the stock stuffing tube? The stock .150 flex shaft is 3.8099999mm.... do you think I have to remove the teflon tubing?

Thanks!
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

I am going to try same within 7 days. Just waiting for the HOTR hardware to arrive.
    Will post info when have it in my hands. It will be a big mess if we need to change the teflon tubing.
    I start from there, where the engineering thought intend to stop. The sky is just a border between

Just curious on why you would switch to 4mm vs a more standard .150 flexcable?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

the HOTR kit includes rudder/strut inline combo with flex cable, stuffing tube and teflon liner with drive dogs and prop screw...its a complete kit like the one that OSE provides....BUT

the only difference is that the HOTR kit is roughly $30 cheaper and in stock LOL
    Go Brushless or GO HOME

FYI- 4mm is .007 inches larger than .150", so *SHOULD* slip right in.
    I know .130 cables fit in 3mm tubes (snugly) which is .012 oversize.

You can run without a liner if it binds, just keep well greased.

HTH & good luck!
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by syncronized77 View Post
    the HOTR kit includes rudder/strut inline combo with flex cable, stuffing tube and teflon liner with drive dogs and prop screw...its a complete kit like the one that OSE provides....BUT

the only difference is that the HOTR kit is roughly $30 cheaper and in stock LOL
    It's not the square drive is it, because that's just not going to last. Those break really easy. Your better off changing the bushings in the strut over to 3/16. Just remove the 4mm bushing install a 3/16 bushing then you can use a better .150 cable and 3/16 props. Their are not alot of props for 4mm systems. Anytime I get a china boat with 4mm stuff I change it ASAP. JMO of course.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    It's not the square drive is it, because that's just not going to last. Those break really easy. Your better off changing the bushings in the strut over to 3/16. Just remove the 4mm bushing install a 3/16 bushing then you can use a better .150 cable and 3/16 props. Their are not alot of props for 4mm systems. Anytime I get a china boat with 4mm stuff I change it ASAP. JMO of course.
    You can use the #129 K&S brass as a shim and install 3/16 props on the 4mm shaft.

No doubt the .150 cable with 3/16" is a stronger setup.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    You can use the #129 K&S brass as a shim and install 3/16 props on the 4mm shaft.

No doubt the .150 cable with 3/16" is a stronger setup.
    to both statements!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Just curious on why you would switch to 4mm vs a more standard .150 flexcable?
    Because it is standart for USA, not for Bulgaria i my case
    Also if it is a weak setup i can always go to .150 and 3/16. But it need more time and work.
    I start from there, where the engineering thought intend to stop. The sky is just a border between

So it does fit. Spins almost freely, but i decided to move to .150 with 3/16 stub shaft to make it more simple for me :). Otherwise the greasing of the flexshaft will be a big mess i think.
    Already ordered 3/16 lead teflon bearings and assembled flexshaft with bullet nut from Steven,

Quote Originally Posted by snaychev View Post
    So it does fit. Spins almost freely, but i decided to move to .150 with 3/16 stub shaft to make it more simple for me :). Otherwise the greasing of the flexshaft will be a big mess i think.
    Already ordered 3/16 lead teflon bearings and assembled flexshaft with bullet nut from Steven,
    Nice! Any photos?

Not yet . I just took out the old shaft and tried the 4 mm flex and it fits , nothing more.
    Wil post some photos during the upgrade. Waiting for the parts to arrive within 10to 15 days

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    New rod for the new rudder

Today i am the happiest man
    In the morning i understood that my wife is pregnant from 50 days,
    and in the afternoon - few minutes ago the parts arrived in the office .
    Soon will post photos when have progress.
    Big Thank You to Steven Vaccaro for the fast shipping to Bulgaria

Last night i made the flat spot on the new 3/16 stub shaft and put Loctite 270 on the drive dog hex to lock it in place. This is the strongest thread locker i have ever seen It is like welded now.
    Today i am going to change the bushings of the strut from 4 mm to 3/16 and tomorrow will be ready to install it to the hull.

The bushings are set to place
    Tomorow will install the hardware to the hull.

Now have to try it with the new hardware installed

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a Dad! and cant wait to see more pics of the boat.