Thread: BJ observations

Angry BJ observations

As i read everyone's comments, likes, dislikes & rebuilds I have to say I'm glad I cancelled my order!

Right or wrong I was expecting a Cat that was going to be fast(it is) but also a great handling boat...from what alot have said it doesn't!

I also want a boat that will run full tilt bogey & handle like its on rails! I think I would rather put my money into a build(with you guys helping out) that will do that for me!

Just some ramblings of a crazy guy!

"Now don't annoy the crazy guy!
    Last edited by Eodman; 11-13-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I here ya man, but for 299$ what do you expect?
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

Cool

The biggest issue is that steerable outdrives do not belong on fast R/C boats! This is a shame since this fact has been known for decades, why the makers did it is a mystery. Well, not really. The outdrives allow better slow speed handling and they are cheap to make and assemble. Other than using lots of turn fins on the transom - which only help a little - your best bet is to change over to traditional flex cable/separate rudder hardware. Just get a deep enough rudder or your handling will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    The biggest issue is that steerable outdrives do not belong on fast R/C boats! This is a shame since this fact has been known for decades, why the makers did it is a mystery. Well, not really. The outdrives allow better slow speed handling and they are cheap to make and assemble. Other than using lots of turn fins on the transom - which only help a little - your best bet is to change over to traditional flex cable/separate rudder hardware. Just get a deep enough rudder or your handling will go away.

I have my new hardware on, but I have yet to test it. .
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

Lets see it man.

Well for 299 I ordered the H&M Maritimo Hull & decal set! Now I just have to wait for them to arrive stateside!!!

Just trying to keep up with you SJ when we get together to run!!!!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Nice move man. Bring her on down. If you get hung up on the build...hell shoot on down the GSP we can knock that cat out in a couple nights