Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miss geico wire drive

Do some searching Todd. I could swear I saw at least one, maybe two people say that prop took the bounce out. If you have one it definitely couldn't hurt to try.
    Catching Air!

Nope, at least not on ours on the M445. We ran her on 5S - super fast and still the stupid bounce (have the tunnel flap curing as we bs). This was only on the straights, she does no hopping on the turns - but I don't remember yours, Todd, doing this - just flipping over....

"Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

will do my friend and tks
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

funny funny jesse it would of been awsome if i would not of dropped the frickin radio but its all good keep on and i'am gonna send snow ur way..........
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Easy to bend a new bracket to mount in the old mount and change the linkage to the left side of the rudder to hit the same spot. Of course you need a hole in the new bracket for the linkage. Something I will also look this evening.

Todd, I wouldn't mind if you would send some snow our way. We NEVER get snow. LOL
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Easy to bend a new bracket to mount in the old mount and change the linkage to the left side of the rudder to hit the same spot. Of course you need a hole in the new bracket for the linkage. Something I will also look this evening.
    I don't think you want the rudder in the same spot. If you are going to go to the trouble of mounting it offset, then you should complete the deal by getting it out of the thrust cone of the prop. This is usually accomplished by getting it's leading edge about even with the drive dog, or thereabouts.

I think the stock linkage would have to be shortened, or replaced, but it can be done without moving it on the transom.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Sure it would be out of the cone area and back as far or a bit farther and offset to the right.

Basically this. )backlsashes are suppose to be straight lines) and the rudder bolts to the right side with a hole in the bracket to attach the same linkage...but possibly longer. Pretty simple bend with alum and 4 holes.

Can anyone give me the OD of the teflon tubing in it? Or the Brass stuffing tube ID?

Here is an easy drawing
    Attached Images Attached Images

hope we find something thats stops the bouncing it really sucks for such a kool production boat 4 sure

Seems like on mine once you get past a certain speed the bounce is decreased. Maybe the wind flowing over the boat at higher speeds is blowing the rooster-tail back instead of straight up on the rudder bracket. Here is a clip of mine with hints of bounce but not so much at full speed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4bp_o95Yxg
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

the speed seems to of smoothed it out like you say can you shoot me a link to were you got the 600L please tks papa

Don't have a link for them, I got it on flea bay. They make a 600xl also which I have just purchased and hopefully run today. I wouldn't buy the 'L', buy the "xl". I think the weight of the (2) 3s packs helps also. I ran a neu 1512 2600kv on 4s and its pretty prone to getting airborne at mid 50's.

can you send me a pic of the motor if thats not too much to ask tks

Todd did you get to run the viper??
    Catching Air!

um not a good afternoon , strut screws were a little loose motor torque pulled strut out of the stuffing tube at bottom of boat esc was programmed for 18.5v so boat saw low voltage and would not plane, wateroutlet tube in top of rudder broke and should i go on spent 4 hours fixing stuff, drilled strut and added set screw so it will not slip afain ALL GOOD TEST TODAY I HOPE ............

That sucks buddy. Hopefully it goes better today.
    Catching Air!

Yeah man no problem. Here is the motor with a jacket I made before nipples installed. Motor is65mm long, 43.5dia and weighs about 300g jacketless. Produces around 1600w supposedly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another idea which I tried is the stock motor on 6s. I think mine went about 53mph or so with the 642. Cheap way to go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    um not a good afternoon , strut screws were a little loose motor torque pulled strut out of the stuffing tube at bottom of boat esc was programmed for 18.5v so boat saw low voltage and would not plane, wateroutlet tube in top of rudder broke and should i go on spent 4 hours fixing stuff, drilled strut and added set screw so it will not slip afain ALL GOOD TEST TODAY I HOPE ............
    Which boat had all these issues??? Not the MG, right??

Darin,

I believe Todd was answering me about running his Viper. Sorry for the confusion. A bit OT, I know.
    Catching Air!

no darin shes fine h@m viper turbine screw on rudder loosend and the fun nbegan its all fixed no real damage cso rest easy my friend

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    no darin shes fine h@m viper turbine screw on rudder loosend and the fun nbegan its all fixed no real damage cso rest easy my friend
    PHEW!!

its all better now did put a good coat of wax on the geico last boy that baby shines

Thumbs up

think i'am gonna change esc to hobbywing 180 and run her on 6s jus for the hell of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12