Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Force Hull

I would personally like running a higher turn motor with more of a higher pitch prop direct drive. But thats me.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I know your point of view regarding gears Steven, but staying on a budget (a Feigao and not a Neu motor), plus using the one and only that I have, the 8XL (I know I could use a KB45 for few extra $), and considering that in the Feigao range, a 14, a 12 or a 10XL have a lower max amp, so are virtualy less powerfull under the same voltage, this is also when taking to account that I don't want to run the motor above its specs, 83amp for the Feigao8XL, this would give me something around 1700watts, the question is how much is needed to reach what speed???
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Use a 2200KV motor and a detounged X640 Prop on a 33" Delta Force running 4s2p and you will get about 50 mph and 4 min run time drawing a little over 85 amps.

You can't race with Daren or Brian with it, but it's plenty fast.

Durable and less expensive. Proven by a large number of racers

All the best,

Ray

P.S. I am using a Neu 1515/1Y, but an 8XL would be suitable, just be prepared to replace the 8XL every 10 runs.
    Last edited by RayR; 11-13-2007 at 07:30 PM.

I am using a Neu 1515/1Y, but an 8XL would be suitable, just be prepared to replace the 8XL every 10 runs.

So you are saying an Feigao 8XL will only last 10 runs on a 33" mono on 2s-sp? What in gods name are you doing to them? I have run a 9XL in my 34" Cat on 4s-2p now going on about 10 times. I gota tell ya..It's still running like it was on day one..& I bought it used.

Spin a Chinese motor at 26K plus for 10 runs and the bearings will be junk. Just my experience.

All the best,

Ray

I am running a Feigao 7L on 3S1P....in a 28" Rigger...Switched to BOCA ceramic bearings and no problems yet!!! 15+ runs....OSE has the bearings for $8.95..

that sucks that your Feagio motor only last 10 runs, I have one I have used many times in a few different boats. Even submerged the boat once still spinning. Maybe a little bearing oil would help your bearing issue, those are 50,000 rpm bearings.

They are not the best motors but they are very good motors

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Use a 2200KV motor and a detounged X640 Prop on a 33" Delta Force running 2s2p and you will get about 50 mph and 4 min run time drawing a little over 85 amps.
    I'm pretty sure you meant 4S2P, not 2S2P... right? You aren't going to get 50mph from a 33" DF on 2S2P at 2200KV...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin,

Thanks for correction. 4S2P.

All the best,

Ray

Yeah I was about to give up!!! 50mph with 2S2P???
    I'll start with 12 cell on direct drive with my 2084kv motor, and see but from what I've seen, the biggest prop I could spin was a K42 under 12 cell, I now it's Nimh cell and that makes a hudge difference with Lipo's, a lot heavier, but I felt like the prop was really too small for a 35" hull???

BTW Ray, my Feigao has been running 20 or 30 times and still doing good, I notice a little noise after 4 run, so after every day of run I put a bit of oil on both bearing and they are still really good

Anyway, I'll go for that hull, everything you brought to me make me feel confidant, although I wont race, but go fast!
    Emmanuel

Quote Originally Posted by ED66677 View Post
    Yeah I was about to give up!!! 50mph with 2S2P???
    Well... that's totally doable... 25.5" Delta Force and a Neu 1515 1D would put you right there...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Ho I belive you Darin (the fool would not!) but I made my mind on the 33"
    It'll receive the Feigao 8XL with a 120amp ESC (cheap 40$ one, if it blows up, I'll invest in a Hydra240)
    I think I'll start with 12Nimh cell (don't you think it'll be too heavy) with direct drive and try to stay around 80amp constant (that's already 20C! for Nimh??? ARF!), I'm afraid 80amp means a too small prop (same configuration as I had on my 36" c... mono before I put the gear), so may be a lot of prop slippage due to Nimh weight!
    I'll keep the possibility to gear down under 18cell
    Emmanuel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12