Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossing the brand name line

My prediction..
    Having the UL-1 powered Stiletto will be a combo to beat
    I believe with the right prop this setup will be faster in the turns and faster down the straights, and I bet runtimes will not suffer.
    The more I think about it the more I want one
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

My OB is polished to a mirror shine (Thanks HazeGry), My steering linkage is slightly modded to make hatch taping easier, I need to get down to business on the ride pad & OB mods before the motor gets here!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

take pics when you get the outboard back on the boat danny I want to see how it looks.

I need 1/4" brass tube to do the OB mod (and a stuffing tube for the Z-27) Hobbytown is OUT and Debbies RC World is closed on Tuesday
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can't believe my entire build process of 2 boats has come to a hault due to the lack of 1/4" brass tube...

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I can't believe my entire build process of 2 boats has come to a hault due to the lack of 1/4" brass tube...
    That does suck! WTH!!?? Have you checked your local ACE hardware or ??? Our ACE and also McClendon's Hardware both stock the full array of K&S tubing...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks for the tip, I never checked in a hardware store

LOL
    I hate when you are in a groove and some tiny little Monday detail stops the whole thing...
    ACE does carry a good assortment of tubes, more then fricking Hobby People does... I buy from them all the time... not sure how the prices compare but the difference will be negligent....
    I also do wanna see the polished lower end... Darin, I am surprised you have not done that!!! I know you have done it polishing to some fins and they look great...
    I am not sure about the weight difference between the VS1 and the Sti... but I tell ya that the VS1 was a tad light with the UL1 motor on ... maybe this bit of extra weight is just what the Doc recommended...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

OK,
    Here's the polished OB. Please keep in mind that it's not yet assembled...

Click for a larger vew

are u going to clear coat it of polish it after every run? looks great but more work then i want to do on it lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Thanks Ron, I think it looks great too!

You can clear it I have cleared brass I have polished and its held up well a quick buff with aluminum polish takes less than a min and will keep the ob looking good. Ron if you want it done you can pm me and we can talk about it. The process takes me a few days I dont have fancy equipment but it looks so much better polished up.

thanks but i am good with it stock...i know they are strong as i hit a fish or turtle under the water today....knocked the angle of the motor to max positive angle but didnt even dent it at all.....boat flew up about 6 inches and kept going...

Here's a couple quick clips of the Stiletto with the UL-1 motor and grim racer 42x55 prop. Temps were good at around 90 on both esc and motor after 4 minutes. Finally a calm day to run.

Last edited by Diegoboy; 10-12-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: fixed YT tags

Looks great!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Does look great... it's almost as fast as mine is with the stock motor...

and with the proper prop it will be faster!

Default Lazy man's way to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Does look great... it's almost as fast as mine is with the stock motor...
    I know, replaced a stock motor, but for some reason, the stock motor, with both the stock and 42x55 props, would not spool up very fast at all. All esc settings set identical to yours, but still no performance. Curious if the hyper performance flex made any difference. Had to readjust for the extra length, but now runs great with different motor. Any ideas?

Default props for UL1 motor

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    and with the proper prop it will be faster!
    Open to suggestions for more props

Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Open to suggestions for more props
    Actually, the 42x55 with some tweaking will be very close. It needs to have some pitch added to it to be where it will really shine, but also have some load taken off the prop. If you back-cut it a bit... start at .030" or so, and start pitching it up a little at a time, I think you'll get better.

Remember, this boat is a bit heavier, being a RTR production boat, and not a purpose built race boat, so it's not going to work the same as a lighter VS-1 or Cobra or ???...

guess i have to start saveing my walking around money for a ul-1 motor now....darn things seem to be harder to get then hens teeth....not one responce in swap shop for a used one.....

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    guess i have to start saveing my walking around money for a ul-1 motor now....darn things seem to be harder to get then hens teeth....not one responce in swap shop for a used one.....
    They like Gold Nuggets!

Just got a pair of stilletto O/B's for a 31-inch proboat cat.(see avatar) Bought the outboards without motors because of limited funds. Looking to get the ul-1 motor or sv-27r motor to put in em. Gonna run a single 5000mah 4s 30c pack per O/B. Do you guys think the 2030kv's will run cool enough or should I get the 1800kv's. I would just buy the stilletto motors but they are 100-bucks a piece, so I'm looking to save a few bucks with the AQ motors.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Just got a pair of stilletto O/B's for a 31-inch proboat cat.(see avatar) Bought the outboards without motors because of limited funds. Looking to get the ul-1 motor or sv-27r motor to put in em. Gonna run a single 5000mah 4s 30c pack per O/B. Do you guys think the 2030kv's will run cool enough or should I get the 1800kv's. I would just buy the stilletto motors but they are 100-bucks a piece, so I'm looking to save a few bucks with the AQ motors.
    UL-1 all the way!
    They will share the load and do very well with your build..

SV motors were 34 bucks at Tower last week. (the blue ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    SV motors were 34 bucks at Tower last week. (the blue ones)
    I was considering those too. I thought I read somewhere that they were actually less than 1800kv. Plus I had issues with the endbell coming loose on my old sv, so I decided against them. Thanks for the info on the sale though!!

Default Prop mods help

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Actually, the 42x55 with some tweaking will be very close. It needs to have some pitch added to it to be where it will really shine, but also have some load taken off the prop. If you back-cut it a bit... start at .030" or so, and start pitching it up a little at a time, I think you'll get better.

Remember, this boat is a bit heavier, being a RTR production boat, and not a purpose built race boat, so it's not going to work the same as a lighter VS-1 or Cobra or ???...
    Darin, thanks for the prop suggestions. I need to learn more about prop mods. Any credible resources to learn about prop modifications? Not a whole lot of resources where I live.

Also, thanks Diegoboy for fixing the links to the vids.

ok ul=1 motor on the way...now will it bolt right on old stock stiletto motor mount...what mods will i have to do now with the new motor? have the 42x55 all ready and will maybe send it ti chuck for cutback and some pitch.......thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    ok ul=1 motor on the way...now will it bolt right on old stock stiletto motor mount...what mods will i have to do now with the new motor? have the 42x55 all ready and will maybe send it ti chuck for cutback and some pitch.......thanks
    Should bolt right on. You'll need to make sure you install the coupler at exactly the same distance from the endbell. Otherwise, it should be a bolt-on...

thanks darin....damed thing didnt show up today lol have to wait for monday delivery now ...kinda cool anyway to be at the lake.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast