Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Hatch

I would like one but it would be after christmas, its been a very long weekend. I got the programing card and turn brakes of miss take and ended up hitting a dock not fast 10 sec into the run, I still ran the boat, got home that night and fixxed it about five hours later, next day painted, had it drying and the wind blew it off the stand, no more then 2 feed to the conctete. Nice crack in the side and chunk in the rear. Got that all fixed up last night. I decided to paint the who hull, so I clean the hull and scuffed it. I used auto primer it fill in all the defects, well it started acting with the paint I had sparyed the day before. It turned into a cracked pealing mess. So I ended up using thinner and a lot of elbow grease to strip all the stuff out. I got a decent paint job now, I kind of rushed it becasue I want to get the boat back in the water. I don't have much money to stick in it right now. I am just very worried about painting one of these, I don't have the patance or the skill it takes to make it look right.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    I would like one but it would be after christmas, its been a very long weekend. I got the programing card and turn brakes of miss take and ended up hitting a dock not fast 10 sec into the run, I still ran the boat, got home that night and fixxed it about five hours later, next day painted, had it drying and the wind blew it off the stand, no more then 2 feed to the conctete. Nice crack in the side and chunk in the rear. Got that all fixed up last night. I decided to paint the who hull, so I clean the hull and scuffed it. I used auto primer it fill in all the defects, well it started acting with the paint I had sparyed the day before. It turned into a cracked pealing mess. So I ended up using thinner and a lot of elbow grease to strip all the stuff out. I got a decent paint job now, I kind of rushed it becasue I want to get the boat back in the water. I don't have much money to stick in it right now. I am just very worried about painting one of these, I don't have the patance or the skill it takes to make it look right.
    No worries. Let me know when your ready.

Thats sux about all the work though. When it comes to painting, scuff it good and shoot it w/ an epoxy appliance paint. Then scuff that and anything will stick to it.

Heres a couple shots from today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got the hatch. THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!
    The glasswork and paint is impeccable! It matches up perfectly.
    Very Impressive work. I highly recommend picking one or two up.
    Check out the pics. Yeah Baby!!!

Thank you very much Tiqueman for this piece of Artwork!
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

You are very welcome Dom. Thanks for the kind words.

Ive finished the newly modified plug. I cleaned up the windshield frame (by ripping off the old one I spent 20 minutes on and making a new one I spent 2 hours on) and knocked the corner off the back of the hatch so hopefully it blends in w/ the slant on the back of the boats deck to transom. It will be ready for mold lay up in the morning. I wont get to do a part until I get back on the 30th.

Oh I also took the old mold and filled the scoop for a delete option. Im going to make a hatch, repair any blemishes where the scoop was (I filled it w/ clay so its probably not perfect) sand off the windshield frame, cast a mold of the "new frame" and put it on the old layup. Work work work
    Last edited by tiqueman; 10-23-2010 at 02:01 AM.

how can i get a hatch ? you do very nice work by the pics....

Thanks Travis. Shoot a posting over in the "products by OSE members" thread, thats my list of wants and needs from folks on the forums, and the actual sale thread. It also goes a bit more into detail about whats going on, prices etc. Its going to be a couple weeks before I can get one layed up and out. Especially if you want it painted. Ive got 3 in front of your request.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18856

Oops. Just relized that link didnt work. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18856 Travis, are you looking to get a painted or just white? If white, I can have it out this week.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Pic without scoop?

Nope Cody, as I said in the other thread, I never did one w/ out a scoop. There was no requests, so I didnt do it.

Default Scotts lids are the business!!

Got mine in yesterday. He made mine with no window trim because I want the sleek look, like my MG. The boat still needs a bunch of work, considering it's a nitro conversion and has some damage on one of the sponsons, but at least I don't have to mess with the cheap, brittle nitro hatch any more

can't wait for mine!!

Getting closer on the outside. Scott, this hatch looks awesome, bro! Thanks again

Just need to sand and fill in some pin holes on the hull that came up after the first coat of primer today. It's going to end up ether with a Tecate Beer or Bud Select theme. Even though I don't drink anymore I still love beer.

Looks great Rafael. Cant wait to see it done.

Your welcome and thanks for the kind words
    Last edited by tiqueman; 12-21-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Does look really nice.

Thanks guys.

Scott, the sad thing is that even tough I layed a layer of glass cloth from the transom to the neck of the sponsons, the hatch is still about 6 times thicker than the hull! It honestly blew me away when I saw the quality and finish of the hatch first hand. I cant say enough about how happy I am to see a boat that has been sitting on my shelf for over 2 years, will finally be seeing water again soon. And it was all because I looked in this thread

Awesome! I strive for quality and perfection. If Im not happy w/ something, it gets re-done, etc, etc. Too many times Ive orderd something and got it and thought, What the.... this is nothing like the picture or ad said. Then dissapointment sets in and you are upset about that part of your project. I cant tell you the amount of hours and money that went into getting me to where I am with these. Ive sold quite a few and still need to sell quite a few to break even. And the painted ones... theyre getting easier but still so time consuming. Its funny how you can do somethign for yourself 100 times and never have an issue, then you try and do something for someone else and all hell breaks loose. Anyway, sorry for the rambling, Im extremely happy that you are so pleased w/ it. makes me feel like Im doing what I hoped to accomplish. Each part keeps getting better and better. Ive been itchin to make myself a new one, since mine was the prototype #1 and is no where near a clean and nice as what Im doing now. I feel Im really getting it dialed. Oh and Raf, can you tell what this might be... (SEE PIC)

Dude, mg hatch!? Can't wait.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    ... Oh and Raf, can you tell what this might be... (SEE PIC)
    You with no shoes on!

Cant wait to see that MG hatch done. You know I'm getting one for sure!! Will you be painting them to match?

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    You with no shoes on!

Cant wait to see that MG hatch done. You know I'm getting one for sure!! Will you be painting them to match?
    Just one of the many perks of living in FL. Another, going wakeboarding tomorrow....

I hope to. Ive been working on color matching it. I about have it.

i would like to get one of those hatches for my boat. im trying to make one out of foam but...it doesnt look like that! your paint look great too, is that a in house job?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephavee View Post
    i would like to get one of those hatches for my boat. im trying to make one out of foam but...it doesnt look like that! your paint look great too, is that a in house job?
    Yes the paint is in house. My garage to be exact.. just ask the Mrs about the fumes.

Heres the thread on the hatches (BJ26), the geico hatches are not yet in production for the same reason I cannot make any BJ hatches for the moment.

Its all in here https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18856 Production should resume in a week or so.

-Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123