Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle 1717 motor with free water jacket

Default Castle 1717 motor with free water jacket

I have a 1717 for sale. Its brand new, I just installed and took pictures of it for the website and some bench testing. I'm selling it for $170 with a free water jacket plus shipping.

Paypal only. The catch is that I ask for feedback on the jacket under real life use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

EDIT: Wont work for my application.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Removed, these are on sale at Castle for a large discount.
    Steven Vaccaro

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!
    it is a great deal but all the motors they have on sale are 1580kv, 1600kv and 1800kv... nothing spectacular for the boating world....

that is why i just got a 1415 1y and 1521 1.5d from you... ROCK ON STEVEN..... everyone should remember that it is worth a little extra cash to get the right product from a guy you like. great job!! thanks

Sorry to hear and thanks for the tip!

Just got 2... Now how about testing that water jacket?

I just bought a 1512, a 1518, 1520, and a 1717!!! what a deal!!!!!! I don't even know what I am gonna use them in yet...lol...

I got 2 1520's and a 1717! Hey Steve, wanna sell me the 1717 jacket?

At this point I'm just pissed. I dont think I will be putting much time into water jackets for these motors any longer. I have three of the 1717 jackets. As is they are $25 each plus shipping. I pressure tested one on my faucet high enough to blow the input tubing from the jacket. It leaked a tad at that high of a pressure. That's the reason I wanted to see how one would perform on the water in real world testing. If someone wants them as is let me know?
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I got 2 1520's and a 1717! Hey Steve, wanna sell me the 1717 jacket?
    No steve... me... me... me.... rumdog is just gonna use it in my old boat.... ain't fair...LOL!!!!!!!!!!

No but really I do want one.... do you have any for the 1518... the 1520.... or the 1512? I bought those too along with the 1717

I just bought 2 jackets for the 1520's from you Steve. How can I pay you for a 1717 jacket? It does suck bigtime for the dealers though. What's the deal, they weren't selling?

Yeh I want the last 1520 jacket you have and also one of the 1518's and one of the 1717's steve.... also I notice you have a 1515 jacket... I wonder if this will fit a finned 1512.... anyway I want all four jackets or if the 1515 jacket wont fit a 1512 I want the 1518,1520, and the 1717 jackets.... How can we work this so they ship with one order as the 1717 aren't on your site... save me a 1717 jacket!!!

I'm going to cut my throat and match their price on 1717 1512 and 1518 motors. Then ditch the entire line.
    Steven Vaccaro

Vultures!!

HEY!!! I was first in line for the 1717 jacket!!!

One word; Leopard

It's what chinese do. Learn something and dominate the market with it.

I want a jacket too. =)
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Steve I've got the other two in my shopping cart ready to buy the 1518 jacket and 1520.... how do I add the 1717.... or do I just paypal you and you will throw it in the box?

Hey I wonder why Castle is doing that??
    Team Liquid Dash

OH come on now!!! Another one!

Just need one water jacket, I'll keep the other motor as a spare...

Pretty please?

Just in case anyone doubts things. Attached is an invoice from Castle. Its what dealers were paying, including myself. I hate looking like we were screwing people. And thats the feeling that I'm getting from pm's from a couple of guys. Not that I'm at all upset with the public. Its understandable. But Castle blindsided us with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I'm going to cut my throat and match their price on 1717 1512 and 1518 motors. Then ditch the entire line.
    That really sucks Steve.

I saw the sale this AM, when I was looking up specs on the 1717. I didn't post it out of respect but figured it would come up eventually. I wasn't sure how many they had on closeout, stock or what they were doing with their dealers.

Hopefully they will work out a dealer credit.

My head is ready to blow. I'm also done with this topic for a while. Time to go to coach my sons football practice. Consider the jackets gone until I get back. JMS, Rum and GP get a 1717 jacket each. Its going to have to be separate than ose sales. Send me your order number by pm and I will send paypal instructions.
    Steven Vaccaro

What really sucks is I paid full price for my 1717 motor's and now they are worth *!***!***!***!**!
    Team Liquid Dash

I just made my order for other jackets steve.... and some connectors for the motors too.... I already had ordered my motors or I would have gladly got them from you..... if you can send me a paypal invoice for the 1717 jacket if I was quick enough to knab one to

jmshedd1@hotmail.com

I will pay for that instantly and if you could throw it in the box of my other stuff that would be fantastic... thanks again Steve for everything and I appologize I jumped so quick at buying them from castle....

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    What really sucks is I paid full price for my 1717 motor's and now they are worth *!***!***!***!**!
    Email Castle. I did. I want to see you guys get great deals. But cutting dealers legs off isnt right.
    Steven Vaccaro

Email Castle. I did. I want to see you guys get great deals. But cutting dealers legs off isnt right.
    I agree with you. I would like to see if they are having problems with them or something that would justify giving them away.
    Team Liquid Dash

I talked with them on the phone... said they moved to an all new facility and wanted to push out old inventory.... I bought a 1512,1518,1520,1717.

One optimistic view on this is that there will be quite a few 1717's out in the field now and the demand for OSE cooling jackets just hit the roof.

JMSCARD- did they say how much stock they have left? How long they are going to be on clearance?

They didn't say fightercat..

This is a quote from Patrick, owner of CC, about the sale:
    This sale is on some of the motors that we have brought into stock, but haven't pushed a lot on the sales.

For example -- we have several hundred 1717s, 1518 and 1520 motors -- because they are not part of a "standard" combo, and they don't go through distribution, we don't sell a lot of these.

We are trying to reduce our inventory on these motors -- so we are going to "blow them out" at great prices.

Watch the website for more info -- coming soon.

Patrick

While we were extremely excited to hear this, we had no clue the prices would be this low. Even then, it was suggested that these motors be offered to the CC dealers like Steven and Mike at RC-M so they weren't undercut and they could reap some benefits as well.

These are some great motors and this is great deal for the consumer, however, its a dealers nightmare...
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

You got money for 1717 Steve. I'd rather buy from you, not that I have anything against CC but if your matching their prices its a no brainer. Only thing is I screwed up. Didnt order a coupler before I checked out. Anyways, you jus sold one 1717.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast