Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactic Reciever... in a baloon?

Quote Originally Posted by ENCORE MAN View Post
    Martin, I don't bother to seal the joint where the connectors make contact, They fit pretty tight and may be waterproof. That said, I spray them regularly with motor cleaner to insure connectivity. You could always paint the joining surfaces with plastic dip if it is a concern for you. Next, I am always concerned about heat retention when encapsulating any ESC. I generally just spray them with Corrosion x once in a while. So far, so good as I really layer the hatch tape on. BG
    Yes i think i will stick with Corrosion X on the esc, Any type of heat retention is some thing that concerned me. Even a small amount if your getting close to the limit of an esc is bad news. Ive also heard that you can put Corrosion X inside motors and stand on end to let any residue drain out and have protection from parts corroding in the motor, Have you heard of useing in motors. Martin.

Default x

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Yes i think i will stick with Corrosion X on the esc, Any type of heat retention is some thing that concerned me. Even a small amount if your getting close to the limit of an esc is bad news. Ive also heard that you can put Corrosion X inside motors and stand on end to let any residue drain out and have protection from parts corroding in the motor, Have you heard of useing in motors. Martin.
    The outboard guys must buy x in gallon tins by the way they pour it to the motors. BG

The outboard guys must buy x in gallon tins by the way they pour it to the motors. BG
    BG the motors i was reffering to were our electric motors with X in them. Martin.

Default x

BG the motors i was reffering to were our electric motors with X in them. Martin.
    Yes Martin, I am talking about electric outboard motors. I have witnessed them submerged, sprayed with x and put right back into the next heat. Amazing stuff indeed. BG

Yes Martin, I am talking about electric outboard motors. I have witnessed them submerged, sprayed with x and put right back into the next heat. Amazing stuff indeed. BG
    Perhaps i need to get a bigger can of X. Martin.

Dont know how fast this Gator is but skip sent me a photo of one with a hammer in his Jaws??
    He ignored my SV. Glad to hear about your Leecraft, sounds like some compition for my whiplash (when I get it finished) Looking forward to you getting your hobby shop open.

See ya soon, Bill

When useing plastidip on rx is it ok to put a few coats of Corrosion X on on the board & let it dry to give a protective film then use Plastidip so as to give a double protection. Or is that a bad idea where the Plastidip wont be so effective because of not sticking so well. Martin.

I put servo and esc extension leads into the receiver and put a blank connector into the third channel hole and seal the whole thing up. It works well and can withstand submersion. BG
    BG when you use plastidip on the rx do you dip the rx with its outer case on or do you remove the case & dip the inrtnals. Martin.

Default dip

BG when you use plastidip on the rx do you dip the rx with its outer case on or do you remove the case & dip the inrtnals. Martin.
    Martin. I dip the whole exterior case. That is the reason for using the extensions and blank plug.If you dipped the interior board, I doubt it would be waterproof. BG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12