Thread: Direct Quotes from other Sources

Default Direct Quotes from other Sources

It was brought to my attention that a thread from another forum was directly quoted on the OSE forum. Although the other forum owner and I see no reason to have to pull this type of quote, we have to. Its copy righted information. I also don't have a problem with the person who posted the quote. A sharing of information is always fun and in this case very positive in nature.

But other US boat dealers have caused considerable problems when this has been done in the past. I will not be naming, names. But it cost RRR lots of grief and money. Neither of us need this happening to us. So if you read something you would like posted here. Please post a link to that info or put it into your own words and thoughts. Otherwise its a direct quote which comes under copy right laws.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steven, you might private message that person amd give them a chance to reword or link their post? Does a message "edit" show up under new posts. If not it would be totally private.

Some of the other forums seem to have Banny Roosters; they like to flap their wings and make noise. lol
    Last edited by ReddyWatts; 11-10-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

It never ends

Humm... The net is public. If someone writes something like info and someone else reads it, copys it, and learns from it, its because the person publicly wrote it. If someone asked a question publicly on a differnt board, the person who learned the info says I have a good answer and here is the info, that I found publicly. I dont know but to me...whats wrong with that.

Think If I wrote X642 props work very good on a SV and someone here sees someone ask what props work on the SV on a differnt board, if he copys my suggestion...So what, I wrote it publicly, I dont see it a problem... but I am just a nut in a squirls world. haha

I enjoyed seeing the results from the SAW's. Anytime I stop thinking negative about some in this hobby, they give me another reason to think otherwise. Thus, it never ends.

We are talking about direct copied quotes. Another words, its copied using control c and pasted here. Word for word. It may or may not be ok. But I rather not have to hire an attorney to figure it out.

I'm not saying you cant say something here that was written some where else. Just not doing a direct copied quote.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by ReddyWatts View Post
    Steven, you might private message that person amd give them a chance to reword or link their post? Does a message "edit" show up under new posts. If not it would be totally private.

Some of the other forums seem to have Banny Roosters; they like to flap their wings and make noise. lol
    i emailed that person my phone number so we can talk about it.
    Steven Vaccaro

You guys... I think we know who it is... (ME...)... I get it... No need for further explanation... Just trying to pass on the exciting news... Sorry if I caused yet another stir...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin,

Thanks for trying to share the information......

Quote Originally Posted by Battlepack View Post
    Darin,

Thanks for trying to share the information......
    Red Board strikes again....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    You guys... I think we know who it is... (ME...)... I get it... No need for further explanation... Just trying to pass on the exciting news... Sorry if I caused yet another stir...
    No stir caused. Please keep posting but just not cut and paste.
    Steven Vaccaro

Lets consider this one closed
    Steven Vaccaro