Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA SAW Update...

Default LA SAW Update...

Hey Gang,

please read thread on quotes.
    Can't wait to hear what happened from Brian! I wonder if he put the "A" motor in for that run?? I'm guessing he'll be going after the 100+ club tomorrow!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Default LA SAW Update

Thanks Darin,
    Keep us as up to date as possible thru the weekend. If you talk to Brian tell him Ken and all the Wave Blasters wish everyone good luck.
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

What hull did Brian run this year?
    Team Liquid Dash

Bill called me to tell me the news. He smashed the old record with the ToysPort Joker I sold him.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I talked briefly to Brian tonight... hopefully more later... he was in the middle of cleaning up for the day...

He made a 99mph one-way with his P-Hydro with a 1521 1D Heat racing setup... Blew off on the return and did some minor damage, but he'll be back with it tomorrow... His goal is well in sight! Again... 4S1P guys!!

He also made an amazing 94mph one-way pass with his Whiplash Sport 20 hull with his P-Sport HEAT racing setup in it! Not sure if that one was 1P or 2P... I'll find out tonight...

Stay tuned...

More updates from Captain Ron:

Please read thread on quotes.

Thanks for the info Darin. I'm not trying to get into a debate with this next question, but did they decide to run 1P or 2P?

Also what is the current namba strline p hydro record?
    Steven Vaccaro

Looks like Brian just bumped the P-Sport record to 85 and some change just a bit ago... with a one way pass of 95mph! Conditions are reported to be excellent, so results today should be GREAT!

Steven, the plan was to run 1P in the Riggers... but I'm not sure if that was for the P-Sport Hydros as well... I'll have to ask Brian...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Also what is the current namba strline p hydro record?
    P-Hydro is currently 96.03 set in 2004 by Matthais Boese with a Lehner...

P-Sport is currently 76.55 set in 2005 by Brian... with his Dark Horse Shovel and a Neu...

The setup Brian was running yesterday when he broke the record was a fairly conservative heat racing setups... I think we may see it over 100 today if all works out...

You can find the link to the records on the NAMBA site... I'd post it here, but....

Default LA SAW Update?

Darin any more news from SAWS or Brian?
    We are anxious for more news.
    Thanks, Ken

PS. Don't let the usual trouble-makers get you down, as usual they are just hurting our FE. hobby again. The rest of us are better than that, so we will keep things on a positive note.
    We do respect all of your posts, and realize you are helping promote the sport.

We do respect all of your posts, and realize you are helping promote the sport.
    I agree 100% you do great work Darin and I am grateful for all the advise I have received from you.
    PS. Don't let the usual trouble-makers get you down, as usual they are just hurting our FE. hobby again.
    I personally have never seen a comment on this forum that can be credited as hurting this hobby. IMHO what hurts this hobby are people who loose site of the fact that not all of us are out to race, break records or run over 50mph. The quest for speed is one of the things that runs most guys out of this hobby "IMO". I just don’t see complaining about costs doing damage to this hobby what so ever. Just my 2 cents.

Default LA SAWS Update

SJFE I totally agree, this site has been a breath of fresh air. Everyone seems to be very fair and friendly here no matter their point of view. I was referring to some problems elsewhere. I do not want to stir things up either. Maybe I should not have even posted those comments earlier. We are all the guardians of this FE. hobby. My post was merely in support of Darin in all his efforts to help everyone, and keep us informed.
    Sorry if I did not explain that very well.
    Ken

Hey Gang... some more news from Brian Buaas (Brian's words in italics and quoted):

"The ESC failures are being blown completely out of proportion. There have been 2 Hydra240 failures, one unexplained the other was being run on 6S against the mfg recomendations. One Novak died." Apparently Mark F. is burning stuff up, but also apparently this isn't out of the norm for him...

"63mph for P mono, 38mph for LSO, 53mph for N2 mono. Troy Fuller is running my N2 mono, best pass is 49mph in full heat race trim." "Full Heat Racing trim" for Brian means a 1515 0.5Y... Sounds like Troy will be going back after it tomorrow with a SAW setup...

Brian set the P hydro record at 101.7 with tons more in the boat. Ran a one way of 95.8mph with the whiplash in P Sport but he had to pedal it big time on the return, for an 85mph ave.

"I did kill a 4S pack today by draining it too low (stupid of me). "

101.7 in P-HYDRO!! HOLY MOLY that's a fast 4-cell boat!!

Way to go Brian... of course, I never doubted you'd be up there... just wondered how high!!

101.7! wow congrats to Brian

Wow great Stuff Darin. Those numbers are nothing short of amazing .

No problem Ken. Thanks for the reply and clarification:).

38 in lso! thats flying man!! thanks for the update.

Darin big time Darin for all the work you have put info spreading the word!!

I don't want to seem like a jerk from this next statement, but we donated to this event. I will be asking future event runners to forward me info on the event asap, instead of guys like Darin having to go out of their way to have to quote and post the info. But of course we also want to hear from any one that has any info.

I don't see that as asking to much in return for our sponsorship. As far as I'm concerned, if I donate, we all donate. We should be informed of the happenings. In defense of this and past sponsorships, I never asked. So I dropped the ball in that respect. No ones fault but mine here.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I don't see that as asking to much in return for our sponsorship.
    I couldn't agree more... Whoever is running this event should have a direct line to guys like Steven and whoever else is supporting the event to provide blow by blow coverage...

Maybe I'll work on getting that to happen as my next trip down the whipping line! :D

Steven no fault found ---- Thanks for a great site for my son & I to learn this sport from!

For the rest of the people well f*%K em ............ go make trouble elsewhere!

If it weren't for the guys on this site we(Doug & I) wouldn't have a Traxxas, 2 Supervees, 1 Mono hull with a Neu 1515.1D in it and of course the Group 44 Cat!!!!

Thanks Guys!!!!!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I just read that Brian ran a backed up 105mph P-Hydro run, with a one-way pass of 114mph!! HOLY MOLY!!

Wilmer upped the N2-Mono record to 59... (we'll never hear the end of this... Good Job Willie... )

Smile

Steve, Mark F is one pooped cookie when I left the lake tonight. He ran around all three days making sure that everything went well, and still managed to set a few records himself. IMO it is pretty pointless for the event organizer to give hourly updates since things change so quickly. How would brandX motor maker feel if he was told at 10AM at his motor held a new record, spread the word to all the people he knew - then find out that at 4PM the record went to brandZ?

I'm certain that Mark will get the info to you as soon as he gets some rest. He deserves a lot of props for his work on this event, which was a bit more challenging than most have been.

YES THANK YOU MARK F.!!!

What a great event!!

Here are some of the records:

P-Hydro : Brian B. 105.38
    P-Sport Hydro : Brian B. 93.16
    P- mono : Fred S 67.38
    N-2 mono : Wilmer 58.70
    N-1 Hydro : Wilmer 33.62
    S-Mono : Mark F. 68.05
    LSO : Jim V. 42.73
    1/8 scale : Randy 58.93
    N-2 offshore : Jay T. 51.51
    OPC Tunnel : Pat Mc. 60.95
    T-Mono : Mark F 83.98

Lots of records falling!!

Check out that "P" Mono!!!
    NAMBA #581
    Q mono NAMBA record holder
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

42.73 in LSO? man thats faster than my lsh boat. fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Steve, Mark F is one pooped cookie when I left the lake tonight. He ran around all three days making sure that everything went well, and still managed to set a few records himself. IMO it is pretty pointless for the event organizer to give hourly updates since things change so quickly. How would brandX motor maker feel if he was told at 10AM at his motor held a new record, spread the word to all the people he knew - then find out that at 4PM the record went to brandZ?

I'm certain that Mark will get the info to you as soon as he gets some rest. He deserves a lot of props for his work on this event, which was a bit more challenging than most have been.

Jay I wasn't looking for someone to jump on to the forum. I have been to races and realize the hectic pace and long days. But I will trade phone numbers next time.

How would brandX motor maker feel if he was told at 10AM at his motor held a new record, spread the word to all the people he knew - then find out that at 4PM the record went to brandZ?
    It would really be like any other live event. Ups and downs are part of the mix.
    Steven Vaccaro

Default LA Saw Records

I copied these down in the dark with a frazzled brain:

P-Hydro Brian 105.38
    P-Sport Brian 93.16
    P-Mono Fred 67.38
    N-2 Mono Wilmer 58.70
    N-1 Hydro Wilmer 33.62
    S-Mono Mark F 68.05
    LSO Jim V 42.73
    1/8 Scale Randy 58.93
    N-2 Offshore Jay 51.51
    OPC Tunnel Pat M 60.95
    T-Mono Mark F 83.98

As soon as I recover from my adrenaline overdose, I'll post more commments. Some great videos coming soon. Special thanks to ALL ! What an amazing experience !

Tony
    LSO
    Last edited by properchopper; 11-12-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Cool

The OSE crew may be happy to learn that the motor which set the LSO/SAW record of 42.7 mph was a 700SC! Jim tried several SS-1 motors in his H&M catamaran but found they could not pull the high pitch props needed to run that fast. This mirrors my own experience with both LSH and LSO oval setups, there is no reason to mourn the passing of the SS-1.

Thats great news about the 700SC Steve V. sure deserves it!! Seeing this record makes me love the 700 classes even more. :D
    Last edited by Doozie870; 11-12-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Cool stuff, congrats to all the record holders and racers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    The OSE crew may be happy to learn that the motor which set the LSO/SAW record of 42.7 mph was a 700SC! Jim tried several SS-1 motors in his H&M catamaran but found they could not pull the high pitch props needed to run that fast. This mirrors my own experience with both LSH and LSO oval setups, there is no reason to mourn the passing of the SS-1.

Good to hear Jay. I have to give credit where credits do, Chris had the winning formula. I just found something that spec'd close to what he offered.
    Steven Vaccaro

guys,
    i know it's a bit late but had I known nobody was giving you up to the minute updates,
    I would have...
    next time for sure...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast