Thread: MG Real pics

Default MG Real pics

I like the real thing too.

very long & narrow hull like HOR or H&M.

I like the way they made the rc model, wider.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I like the way they made the rc model, wider.
    Yes "They" did! And "They" had to fight a little to make that happen!

But... I think the end result was totally worth it!

People need to keep in mind a couple of things...

1) Water does NOT scale... What works at 32 feet, isn't what you need to work at 32 inches...

2) Our turns are WAY tighter and faster than these real boats... they are made to go fast in a straight line for a LONG time, then lumber through the corners, then go fast and straight again...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Default Some color

Since I am running with a friends Geico I had to add some different color to mine. Florescent orange monokote trim. Now it's REALLY bright.....

Stringfly <>+++++
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stringfly; 09-20-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Geeez the new REAL Miss Geico is horribly ugly.

ya but the orange monocote is nice
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Rumdog
    You are going to hurt Miss G's feelings. To my tastes the real Miss G is a very good lookin race boat. It has to look like it does to be able to go 210mph with some degree of safety.
    I look at Miss G as beauty in engineering and design. I they were to put a super custom paint job on her, you might feel differently. The color is of course there for commerical reasons, not to make the boat look better.

I would like to see a MG painted like a Genesis, that would make great looking boat to my tastes! Food for thought.

It is all good. Any way these little ones are really exceptional. Just reading the forums on them, it is a boat that takes well to aftermarket tweaks and upgrades.
    I bet we'' see one of them going 70 in the not to distant furture
    Boomer

The pictures are of the new Miss Geico. The original Miss Geico did not have all the scoops and vertical stabilizer on it.

Here is a vid of the big MG and her sisterships. One of them (Aquamania) looks just like a Genesis, paint job and all. (Or does the Genesis look like Aquamania?)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPL8...eature=related

Right on the money. They are both C5000-R racing hulls by Mystic Powerboats. I have watched this one before, but noticed another one worth watching. It shows just how close these guys are running on and over the edge of these boats limits. An amazing bit of video and a landing that will amaze you. It looks like perfect conditions and both boats are running on air, then "lift off".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idymu...eature=related

The same thing happens to our little versions, if we are runing to loose.

Enjoy
    Boomer
    Last edited by Boomer; 10-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.

ive been a hundred on the water in 18 foot drag boats but cant imageine 200 in those 40 footers......they are probably much safer then i was just hammering the throttle lol......and finally who has that kind of money......wish it was me lol

Default You have to clang when you walk to drive one!

Back in the day, drag boat racing was considered by many, as the most dangerous of the boating sports. Fuel Flat Bottom to be specific. That aspect of boat racing has been made much safer with the introduction of the capsules they are using now. Still very dangerous.

I was very lucky to be involved in a number of different forms of boat racing "back in the day". We did a little drag boat racing, ski racing, then went to Off Shore boat racing for a time. When I left the sport, Al Copeland (Popeye Chicken King and Tom Gentry Real estate tycoon were the fastest cats around. As memory serves, Al had a 4 engine aluminum cat that ran 140+ and later Tom ran that up over 150. Could have been the other way around. But that was back in the late 80's and those were V-8s not gas turbines. Howard Arneson was a turbine pioneer in put these aircraft turbines in HP cats. All these folks were great guys and had brass balls! I was lucky to have known them.

There is not doubt about the rush/thrill of going fast, but on water it seems much faster than on land!

It is one thing to do it on a river or lake, but when you mix all that speed with the things that an Ocean can through at you, wow, that makes it even more exciting, or scary if you prefer.

Boomer
    Last edited by Boomer; 10-31-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Al copeland had a glass front garage you can see in from the interstate. I always took a peak when making trips to new orleans. Was always full of bikes, exotocs, and a giant race boat. Perhaps the one you are referring to? Anyway, I didn't notice if the garage was preserved on my last trip, but will try to remember to look and maybe snap a pic next time I head east.
    Catching Air!

Al passed on in 2008 (cancer) I don't know what happened to the 50' Cougar Cat he was racing back then but the latest and truely amaizing of his dreams is this latest four turbined
    56' monster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boomer; 10-28-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Al passed on in 2008 (cancer) I don't know what happened to the 50' Cougar Cat he was racing back then but the latest and truely amaizing of his dreams is this latest four turbined
    56' monster.
    Yes I remember hearing that. That's why I said I wasn't sure if the garage display was preserved or what.
    Catching Air!

His showroom is still there and his son finished his latest cat after he passed away.

Nice! Kevin, where are you located? Haven't noticed you posting before.
    Catching Air!

In Metairie. You? Been running at Lafreniere after park rangers finally leave us alone.

got a nice park to run in if u guys ever get up to the jackson ms area out on the ross barnet rez...come see us sometime

Any FE racing up there? Seems like only racing down here is gas or nitro.

We may need a new place to run. The park idiots keep trying to inspect our Miss Geicos because they think they are nitro.

the local club says they will run electric if we got 3 boats for a class but they only run 3 races a year next one is spring i think

Kevin, I'm in Lake Charles.
    Catching Air!

I don' t like the Geico, sorry I prefer AQUA-MANIA and JBS Racing

Class 1 World Powerberboat Championship: the FAZZA is a beauty

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 10-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Al Copeland's boat is still a reality. His son had the boat in Sarasota on July 4th to try to set the prop powered water speed record. Mechanical difficulties prevented the attempt.

Four turbine's is really cool when up close.

Ray

love that paint

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Al Copeland's boat is still a reality. His son had the boat in Sarasota on July 4th to try to set the prop powered water speed record. Mechanical difficulties prevented the attempt.

Four turbine's is really cool when up close.

Ray
    any idea of possible speed of this 4T Cat?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

If it is going set a new record, it will have to go faster than Miss Geico and a few others that run over 210mph. Should be very interesting to see.
    Boomer