Thread: What should I do?

Default Boat started on fire. What should I do?

I have a proboat shockwave bl. I was driving it today and the esc smoked, the inside is burnt and brown. The wanted me to send it in, they payed for shipping. I had a spare esc and tested it and everything works, just clean it up and run it, or send it in and hope I get a new boat. There are somethings that I did to it that will decide what they will do, I had replaced the connector with traxxas, the hull cracked in the back so I epoxied it and painted it. Not sure what to do.
    Last edited by roadrashracing; 09-19-2010 at 11:38 AM.

ahhhhh idk if they would really do anything either since its not in factory condition. I would call them again or email them and ask about it. If anything keep the hull send the esc back?
    I believe it's my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight. Cause it never gets dull, it never gets old. The only thing it gets is more bold. Drinkin', fightin', going to the game. In our world it's a way to stay sane. If you're asking me. To have it my way, I'd say that's One fine day. ---- The Offspring

I talked to a guy yesterday and he personally was going to look at it. I had converted the deans to traxxas, and the hull had cracked by the output shaft, I could have send it in then, not knowing if they would cover it, I epoxied it and painted the bottom, so its not stock. The hull is burnt and brown but its still runable, just really needs a good cleaning, and boat season almost done and I don't want to be with out it. I would like to just send in the speed control. I got a spare so I tested everything else and it seems to work. I just don't want to send it taking the chance that they might not cover it. A new hull is $70 if I need to go that way. I'm thinking I should just clean it and move on.